Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: wegeners and your diet

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just diagnosed in March 2010. Prior to that I joined Weight Watchers (Oct 2009) to loose 35 lbs. Weight Watchers promotes a very healthy lifestyle, not just dieting, including exercise that promotes weight loss. Due to my joint and muscle pain I haven't done much on the exercise side of things but have still managed to loose 25 lbs to date. My Dr's also have a high level of support for Weight Watchers. I know I probably sound like an advertisement for WW but it's really helped me look at what I put in my body in a whole new light.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Rpyican, I have a degree in Nutrition and Dietetics and weight watchers was rate number one in our book! Good for you, need to give us your tips too....your a success!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

first of all well done in losing all that weight magnificent i know through experience how hard it is to lose weight ww does have a very good reputation in helping people lose weight weather thru the points or checks system but remember its weight your losing from everywhere thats good its also weight from your muscles that you lose and thats not good you see they give you healthy alternatives yes but most people can eat what they like as long as the calories are counted right ok but without excercise your muscles will drop off like nobodys business not good for wg sufferers wg hammers our connective tissue and muscle so weight resistant excercise is a must especially if they put you on preds but if your happy with just getting weight off fair enough but you will see the differencewith exercise hope this post has been helpful kind regards ian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So as I been nagged/advised/guided/reminded (delete as required) to no longer pound the streets and countryside (by the way its typical that i give up running yesterday and I receive my acceptance to next years London Marathon in the post today - someone has a sense of humour!!) do you consider that light use of a rowing machine would be acceptable?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Ian for starting this thread. I am going to try and stop eating red meat. I usually eat a lot of pork and beef. I am going to try and quit dairy as well. Well, at least milk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that diary causes more mucus...so in our disease (WG) it is better to cut back on diary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something else to be careful about:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea that was me when I was on 60 mg of Prednisone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very acceptable burns calories causes thermogenisis in the human body thats heat being produced by your body due to (EAT) excercise associated thermogenesis keep rowing ian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keep it up any probs with your diet post me ian

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast