Update.

Saw Rhummy today. 5 months since diagnosis. It seems bloods are, and have always been fine (except original ANCA) and that they have no markers to measure against except what I can tell them. I do a spreadsheet to give them when I go which summarises my symptoms on each visit and how they have /have not improved. It saves time (& their wrist) and means I don’t miss something out and they can’t say they did not know!

They have ordered another CT scan of the sinuses to see if that helps. We discussed my trip to ENT the other month and agreed it was a waste of time as I saw a locum who put a light up my nose, said it was all clear and even discharged me. Getting new appointment with WG knowledgeable ENT bloke.

Decided that the Methotrexate is not working but they want to try Meth. injections first before going onto the harder drugs, so setting up lessons for me ( I feel sorry for the Orange if they still teach with them).

Added calcium and something else (well I am a man!) to my prescription list as pred now at 30mg.

Agreed that so long as I feel I can manage, jogging on the treadmill is Ok and maybe helping beginner groups with my running club would be fine too. I know that the Pred does increase the risk of injury (Sangye) but it is my mind I have more concerns about. To be able to feel part of something again will help me greatly as I am becoming more and more quiet and withdrawn. Might help with the weight gain .

Clarified lines of communication for help.

Still the only WG patient diagnosed in the Portsmouth area this year.

Just got to worry about my truck driving licence renewal medical next week, and hope that WG does not make a difference. Consultant does not see why there should be but, hey ho, nothing is to be taken for granted with goverment departments.

Got to go.

Bought a whole hot cooked chicken . Sitting looking at it drooling (me not the chicken) – pred side effect?

Damm it coffeelover how can I be attracted to Tweety - its still sooooooooo cute!!!!!