Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting my Diet tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Starting my Diet tomorrow!

Lightwarrior, suggested starting a thread about helping each other get on track, when we are about to eat a whole cheese cake or big juicy burger with fries and chocolate shake! Darn, that sounds so good. Down girl!
    Well I just made a pumpkin pie tonight and I am going to eat it, just one big piece.
    Then tomorrow I will write down what I ate, hope you all join me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might find it a bit embarrassing to write down what I ate. ( I dont think anyone would believe it anyway). I know what I ate and I know it was heaps and I know it was bad for me. I definitely think we need a thread to help us with "the good food suggestions". It sounds like most of us are keen to have some sort good food guide. I wonder if its all pred or is it emotional eating. I think its the pred because I never ate like this before. I also think that because of the taste in our mouths we are constantly looking for something to taste nice. I I know I am.
    Cheers Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one is for you Col,
    Breakfast " the good food suggesteions"
    1/2 cup of oatmeal with 1/2 of frozen or fresh blueberries or mixed berries, Tablespoon of honey, cinnamon for flavor, 2 Tablespoons of walnuts. You can add 1/2 cup of milk or soy milk too.
    This breakfast has a lot of fiber, protien , antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. This will keep you full too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks elephant.
    Will try that tomorrow.
    cheers Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello elephant,
    i have had a lot of problems with my asthma and lungs lately, my dr keeps telling to exercise and lose weight, (she suggested i swim, good luck with that i have fibroids through both lungs & my diaphragm has kind of fused/scared onto my L. lung & remission no where in sight) i have put on 6kg ove the last 12mths, and it's too much for my body all of a sudden. So how did i respond, & no it was not that really tasty carrot stick in the fridge, it was coffee and M&M's, as i do. I tend to go alright for a week or two, then get really tired, and then i am like a bear coming out of hibernation. Do u have any tips? what has helped you? Sorry to vent, i am just frustrated with DR and myself ofcourse.
    sharon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sharon, can you remind me...how much prednisone are you taking and what drugs your on to control the Wegeners disease? If you need your coffee have one cup a day. I think you should have chocolate everyday, but not alot. It is better to eat dark chocolate (cocoa at least 60%), but if you don't like dark chocolate...go ahead and have some M&M's, but half of the bag or 1/4 cup. I think when we deprive ourselves that's when we kinda lose control.
    As far as exercise, I would start walking slow. Are you on inhalers? If you have asthma usually they tell you to use inhalers before exercise, but ask your physician first.
    Hope this helped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elephant i like what your saying on a bad day i start right with a proper breakfast then fresh fruit drinking water and yes you probably guess end up on coffee and muffin !!
    Usually try to do better the next day
    on the subject of food does anybody know any reason why we should eat prawns or any shellfish while taking chemo etc
    i dont know if someone or one of my doc mentioned it something to do with a particular bacteria they carry
    maybe i am mistaken just thought id check it out on here
    thanks DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My memory is shot but I also understand that fish is excellent and I read that somewhere. Probably all the Omegas in it.
    cheers Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Col 23
    my memory having a bad day i went to the chemist three times today before i had all my meds for next monthn luckily just round the corner
    thanks for your help DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Dee
    My memory is bad most days lately, I have to get new meds tomorrow also so I hope I dont have to go to the chemist 3 times. I will probably forget to go 3 times.
    How are you feeling lately.
    cheers Col 23

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast