Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting my Diet tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not to bad pushed myself to much yesterday paying for it today
    still recovering from blood clots in lung thought i would feel better by now
    im ok if i rest and do nothing but moving or doing is another thing
    its been a month now dont know if im expecting to much but im back at the hospital for check up thurs pm
    INR test for Warfarin seems to be sorting out now which means not so many blood test
    but as the saying goes tomorrow is another day
    take care of u DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Dee, My friend had blood clots all over her lungs...it took over 6 months for her to feel normal and she is young.
    I was told not to eat raw fish, because of immune system is low.
    The best fish to eat is Salmon ( wild Alaskan), sardines in a can....but careful of the salt. High in omega three fatty acids. And a anti-inflammatory food to eat. There are more healthy fish to eat, but I am only going from memory ( prednisone memory).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Elephant
    i do eat a fair amount of fish it was just the prawns that worried me abit as usually use them in salads when the weather is warmer which is not very often here !! got out summer clothes that still fit yesterday no sun today and blowing a cold wind !
    thanks for lung advice im ancient 55yr in few weeks can add impatient to my wg words now ive got over the denial word always willng to learn even when its hard some times
    thanks again DEE x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,
    Funny how the diet subject came up this week. I left the lung dr this week frustrated and angry with him because he sort of got onto me about my weight gain. Don't know why I was mad at him other than the fact that I was already mad at myself and my binges. Its not like I was doing it on purpose. RIGHT!!!I am head baker at a bakery for the past 20 plus years and I love my job and unfortunately the food too. I don't really need an excuse to eat but I have been blaming the pred. unfortunately he pointed out that some of the gain can be attributed to the pred but not all. DARN!!!!!That means I really need to get down to business because while the weight goes up so is the blood pressure. So this week I have been really trying to be conscious of what I eat instead of popping something in out of habit. I am looking foreward to encouraging advice, recipes and things to keep my mind off food.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi elephant,
    i am on 5mg prednisone and DS 400 Symbicort inhalers 2 puffs upto 4 X a times a day. To control the WG i take 2.5gm of cellcept (mycophenalate) daily and bactrim twice a week. I was doing ok until i had the Flu shot,that was 4-5 weeks ago, i was supposed to see the GP today but she called in sick, so i will reschedule next week. I will try to make a bigger effort to walk, it's just the whole getting started thing i think in the morning. Thanks for your advice, maybe if i start by allowing one coffe and a small amt of choc and increase my protein, who know's, i might just get fit again!
    sharon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small steps and you will get stronger. Going cold turkey sometimes just makes you want it more. Don't forget to eat fruit and veggies. Pick your favorite fruit and veggies...seving per day is two fruits and 3-5 servings of veggies (1 cup of raw and 1/2 cup cooked). Having a big salad with 4 0z grilled chicken will take care of the four servings of veggies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Elephant! I am always going to start my diet "tomorrow". ha ha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It always made me feel good to say those two words.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a very bad girl today! Ate crappy...M&M's, dark Chocolate and ice cream with fresh blueberries and strawberries. Tomorrow, no sweets. Whenever I over do the sweets it makes me feel bad about myself. Tomorrow no Sweets, none...not a dot of sugar!

Doug Guest

All this talk of dieting makes me think of my cat Louie. That's why my new avatar features Louie hanging his beer belly around the leg of my computer desk. He- and I!- need to get really serious about exercise and healthy eating. I don't want to have to give myself insulin shots, and I sure as [word] don't want to have to give my cat insulin shots, too!

Double click on the photo in this text to get a better appreciation of what Louie's beer belly looks like. I don't want anyone telling me it's cute!

Attachment 340
    Last edited by Doug; 05-28-2010 at 02:25 PM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast