User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Wegeners disease in Remission.

Doug Guest

I nearly died twice in the past seven years ("only" once from WG), and it has helped me to unburden myself of lots of clutter in my life, to focus on what counts. My pussycat and me: As long as we have food, shelter, a little affection, we are ready to conquer the world, slowly. I also require clothing, but that's for the comfort of others mostly!

Jan, I don't intend to trivialize those deaths with a joke, but to remind myself that in our unique community, we have joys, we have sorrows, we have days in between, yet, in the end, we have each other. I've shed some tears, yet I remember those two with affection. They have the answers to the hardest questions we each have to deal with: When will I die, and will it hurt?
    Last edited by Doug; 10-28-2010 at 11:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doug, in someways having this disease taught me what is really important. I was watching the Today show and one of the Osmond son's has MS and told the interviewer having MS was a gift. He realize's what is important in life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    That is enough for me.
    Ditto!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As stupid as it may sound I wish more people were faced with adversity to put their and other's lives in perspective. The world would be a much nicer and safe place.
    Jolanta

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jola57 View Post
    As stupid as it may sound I wish more people were faced with adversity to put their and other's lives in perspective. The world would be a much nicer and safe place.
    Hugs and kisses! My sentiment exactly!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish it were true that adversity inevitably changed people for the better or put their lives in perspective. I know many people who struggled with something like cancer and were changed by it for a short time. As soon as they felt better they went right back to their old habits. Most people do. And many people only become more resentful and bitter when faced with adversity.

Adversity doesn't change someone from a pessimist to an optimist, or from a reactive person to a less reactive one. It doesn't do anything unless one is highly motivated to make deep and lasting changes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Sangye and tend to think that adversity really only brings out more of what you are inside. I'm dealing with this disease it exactly the way I would have expected to, for better or worse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found out that there were a couple of elementary teachers who went through some tough times with breast cancer, and they were the meanest teachers there. I could not believe it! You think they would show more empathy and compassion toward the kids???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in hospital with a man who had lost his arm and a lot of the use in his leg. He was the most bitter individual I have ever met!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always looked at the world with rose colored glasses and will do so untill the end.
    Jolanta

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789