Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Food Matters' Film

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 'Food Matters' Film

Has anyone watched it? I'm going to see it tonight. I thought it may be relevant as it's all about how our diet and lifestyle affects our health: http://www.foodmatters.tv/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets us know Mandy how the show went. If there is something we should be doing let us know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds great. I'll try to watch online but I have a poopy internet connection.

I did get ruffled by the last comment "It's a choice. You don't have to be sick." Not entirely--I did everything right and still got Wegs. Still, it's true that many preventable illnesses are clearly a result of poor diet and other lifestyle choices. All the good things I did for years have kept me from having other major problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make's me wonder if we are ( all us who have wegener's disease) have a unknown allergy.
    I just got done eating oatmeal cookie with whole wheat and chocolate chip cookies. Oh I did have cake and ice cream today too. OINK! OINK!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I'll trump you with 2 brownies, 1/4 bag cheezies (first time for over 5 years), 1 sml bottle of coke, 1/2 vanilla slice, and trying to be good, 1/2 an orange. You were saying Sangye? LOL
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROTFL-- my point exactly...

Elephant, the crux of what many of them are saying isn't about allergies, it's about massive nutritional deficiency and toxicity. Processed foods are so dangerous. When you restore proper nutrients and detoxify the body, many incurable diseases are cured and most diseases of Western civilization are also cured (and prevented).

One of the methods discussed in the film is the Gerson Therapy which has been around since about 1940. I followed many aspects of the Gerson treatment for many years--amazing stuff. In fact, a couple weeks ago I emailed one of the naturopathic physicians who works for them to ask if a child I know with stage IV cancer might benefit. I knew this doctor many years ago in Arizona. We got talking via email and I filled her in on the Wegs. I explained all about it, thinking she'd never remember it from school. Incredibly, her MOM had Wegs 30 yrs ago. They only used pred (no ctx) and she lived 4-5 years. She said her parents owned a gas station and her mom used to pump gas. She felt that was the cause of her Wegs.

Because of our conversation, I've been thinking more about how to do aspects of the Gerson treatment that 1) are doable for me (energy and expense) and 2) won't interfere with the drugs, etc... or cause other problems (like detoxing). I'm clearly deficient in nutrients, having eaten poorly since starting treatment (due to pred cravings, prolonged nausea, financial problems, etc...). Everyone who eats a Western diet is nutritionally deficient. The Gerson program isn't about supplements it's about getting nutrients from food. I believe toxins were the cause of my Wegs and dumping in chemo and all these other toxic drugs has only deepened the toxicity. But I can't deal with detoxing at this time-- unsafe to do it without a physician's supervision and too many unknowns with my current treatment.

We'll see. I believe that things show up in life for a reason. The contact with the doctor, Mandy posting about this movie-- I'm rolling it around in my head.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I keep beating this subject " What causes Wegs?" Sangye do you think our genetics and the toxic agent caused our Wegs? Wegeners is so rare, why us? My sibling ate what I ate, and lived in the same environment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a lot of variables! Many times in practice I'd see 2 siblings who lived "identical" lives, but only one was sick. Invariably, the sicker one had interference with their CNS (eg vertebral misalignments, organ dysfunction, nutritional deficiencies) that the other didn't. Any holistic doctor sees this all the time. Much of the time it was the younger children in a family who were sicker.

Weston Price did famous research in the 1930's to examine the role of nutrition and degenerative disease. He found that nutritional deficiencies are inherited, and when people stopped following traditional diets they became more and more deficient. Mothers were more and more nutritionally deficient in each pregnancy. He used objective ways of measuring this-- there's no denying the photographic evidence he compiled. You can literally see the depletion in each subsequent child. As more generations eat processed food while not restoring the initial nutrient levels, the incidence of degenerative diseases like cancer, diabetes and autoimmune diseases increases. Look at our world-- almost all of the diseases that are prevalent now were very rare before the 1900's.

Siblings who live in the same environment still have variability in their toxic exposure. Maybe one rolls around on the carpet more and is exposed to carpet toxins (glue, cleaning agent residuals), maybe one spends more time indoors, etc.... Even if they have identical exposure (hypothetically) their nutritional status is never identical. Maybe their mom's adrenals were stronger during one pregnancy than the other. The 2 babies would be born with different levels of adrenal function, and any inherited nutritional imbalance would have much greater impact on the "weaker" baby. Also, that child would be more impaired by toxic exposure.

I could go on.... As a Buddhist, I can't personally ignore the effect of karma, though I'm not going to get into that discussion on here for obvious reasons. I keep meaning to write a blog post about it-- gotta get my two neurons to fire together on the same day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye, thanks for sharing that information. I actually read the same thing "Weston Price." That is why I think carefully of what I am going to eat that is "whole Foods" .....but of course I have a weakness for sweets.
    Sangye, your right...never thought about the sibling rolling around the carpet or one that reads all day inside or the one who is never home ( roams around the neighborhood). I assume the one who roams around the neighborhood is eating other things ( probably junk).
    I am interested in effect of Karma. So when your ready start a blog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't see it last night in the end, but my friend is hopefully bringing me a copy today so I will watch it and let you know if there's anything relevant for us.

I've thought about it a lot recently and I think it's important to try to have some idea of why I have Wegener's rather than simply accepting it as 'one of those things'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast