Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Food Matters' Film

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched it last night. It was good...it basically talks about the dangers of pharmacuticals (10,000 people die from side effects each year in the UK for example) and the crazy fact that we seem happy to fill our bodies with drugs but don't even consider eating more healthily when a healthy diet can prevent and cure disease...the main message was 'you are what you eat'.

A couple of examples...it mentioned that people have been cured from cancer by having IV vitamin C infusions, and depression from taking vitamin B3 and eating cashews!

There was nothing specific about autoimmune disease, but the basic advice was to follow a vege diet, take over 51% of your food raw- veg and fruit. Avoid processed food. Drink a lot of water- especially important when you first wake up, drink green tea, only organic veg. They say a juicer is good. I suppose much of it is stuff most of us know anyway, but the film really gives you something to think about.

Of course people with Wegeners shouldn't stop taking their medication, because we need it, but it made a lot of sense really that what we put into our bodies can affect us greatly, so I am going to take some of their advice because it could have a positive effect and mean that I don't flare as often in the future and feel better in general.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The film is online here is anyone wants to watch it: Food Matters - Spread the Word

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12