Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Side effects of prednisone disappearing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cindy, I'm so glad to hear your bones are doing well. You must have had "supernormal" (above average) bone density before you started pred. I did too and it has saved me.

I wonder if you misaligned a rib. Did you feel it pop or slide out of place? A rib misalignment can be quite painful-- stabbing pain, hard to take a breath. They usually don't realign themselves, and the longer you wait to get it fixed the harder it is to keep it in place. The good thing is that a chiropractor can get it in place very easily and you'll feel great on the spot.

I'm glad you're getting a place of your own. I like living with me. You sound like a nice person to live with. I bet you'll enjoy you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the nice words.

I am not sure what I did, when I was in bed I was trying to pull the sheet from underneath me and felt a sharp pain and then depending on what I was doing it got worse. It was more manageable as time went on. But then on Sunday when I was getting off the couch I reinjured it, it felt like another sharpe take your breath away pain. It is still tender to touch, but is getting a bit better for movement although I am limited. Sunday to Tues were almost unbearable. I still have not gotten the results back from the doctor. It will be a week tomorrow (thursday). I can take a deeper breath now so maybe I just pulled a muscle or something. I guess time will tell.

By the way, I am not sure how everyone else is doing with the heat, I have never been a big fan of the extreme heat and even less now. I tend to pray for rain and cooler days, wind blowing and nice gentle breeze.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope you feel better soon, I know how you feel when taking a deep breath it hurts, after my thoracic surgery last year....it was so painful that I was scared to take a deep breath. OUCH!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The past few days here have been really cold-- like late fall. I'll take cold over heat any day. I'm glad your rib is feeling better, Cindy. Hang in there--

Doug Guest

Aw, Cindy! Cold or coolish weather for me, too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    It's the tired thing. For me it feels like someone suddenly injected anaesthetic. No warning first-- no sense of physical fatigue. The moment it hits I stop. The best is to stop before it even hits. I'm getting better about that.

I'm planning to be off pred by June 26, which is my 4 year anniversary of Wegs dx. It just worked out that way.

Sangye,
    I am so glad you are getting off the pred! I know the little time I was off I had that very tired feeling that you talk about....but I assumed it was because I probably should not have been off the pred? Anyway, I am rooting for you and so glad for you that you can eliminate that awful, yet miraculous medicine from your daily routine. I am still on 10 mg for another few months then at my rheumy appt yesterday, we decided that after the next few months we may drop it my 1 mg for a few months and move on from there. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coffeelover, sounds like a good plan!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you can get off the pred, Lisa! Your plan sounds reasonable and safe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123