Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 17 years old, diagnosed three months ago

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Katrazena!
    I was 16 (21 now) when I was diagnoses so I truly understand how you feel about school and all that stuff, don't worry thought, you'll ge through it and I can guarantee it will make you a lot stronger!
    As for side effects, I can only speak about Methotrexate, which is what I am on and have been since the start. At first I suffered quite badly from feeling ill (being sick) and tiredness, I think it took me about a year to start to feel better. The best thing is to try and take your dose on something like a Saturday, that way you can spend Sunday resting and hopefully feel better on Monday when its time for school.

Regarding hairloss, I don't think you have to worry, the doses given are usually not high enough to cause hair loss, however you might notice the quality of your hair change and it might become a bit thinner, but you shouldn't lose your hair.

Take care!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Katarzena,
    I'm sorry you had to join but welcome to the group. My 14 year old son has WG. He was only diagnosed in March so I'm pretty new to everything. So far he is not having any bad side effects to the Cytoxan. He does have the moon face from Prednisone but our doctor assures him that by the time he gets to 10mg it will be mostly gone. He does not like going to high school with a moon face either and is very anxious for it to go away. He has another month before he gets to 10mg. If you ever want to email me directly, my email is [email protected].

Theresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the group Katarzena - I am 29 years old and was diagnosed in Sept 2009. I too have sinus involvement and no kidney involvement . I was initially put on Methotrexate but that did not work for me, no side effects from that at all. I am now on Rituxan - no side effects from that either!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Katarzena (Dobro nam dosla)
    You will find a lot of answers here and on the above added links.
    It was very important for me to find this "place"

I am also very new at this forum. Diagnosed approx. 1 year ago.
    Hope U will achieve remission very soon..Heep the faith

if u want u can PM-me.

lp
    Sebastian

@ Brooke - I was also on MTX(3x2.5mg/a week for about 4 weeks,and my WG was "acting UP" so i got back to ENDOXAN 3x50mg)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to our group Katarzena....yes Sangye I have not visited the site in quite some time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL-- oh, you know me SO well, Richard! I miss you! How's my favorite Cuban Weggie?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey hey Richard, we missed your humor. welcome back, big hugs.
    Jolanta

Doug Guest

A belated welcome back from me, too, Richard! How's your BFF doing? I seem to be holding my own.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12