User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our Embarrassing Moments

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by julia View Post
    Would have replied sooner but forgot my password, went overlimit on attempts to log-in and had to wait 15 minutes. When I came back on could not find the thread.
    Lovely avatar, incidentally!

To the point, this very thing happened to me the day before yesterday. One other time this happened to me and I set up (accidentally) a second registration. This second registration, of course, uses a different form of my name and a slightly different password than my original account. I really need to get rid of that second registration!

Anyway, after trying all the combinations of name/password I could, I still couldn't get on. I asked for a new password, which came by e-mail. I tried getting on, screwed it up again, taking me to five misses. I came back a few minutes later (apparently NOT quite 15 minutes....), and set a new record for me of six consecutive fails.

"@%$!" I said outloud, truly upsetting my cat Louie, who never says such things. I sat out a day, resolving to end all association with the forum if I didn't get through. First time, using a name/password variation I HAD to have used (it's the most common variation combination I use on this and other non-secured websites), the forum opens up to me!

Julia, it was a weggie moment from hell! Not being able to get on in six miserable tries, I mean. Thought I better clarify.
    Last edited by Doug; 05-05-2010 at 11:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol Doug poor Louie

Doug Guest

Yeah, he just walked by, sat down, looked at me with his big kitty eyes and said, "@%$!...?" You have to be careful what you say around youngsters!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, but Louie probably sounded cutier than you.

Doug Guest

I remember the first time I said that particular word in front of the whole family....! I was a smart a college kid at the time, but my father quickly helped me to understand it wasn't acceptable or cute. Ha!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y'all are very amusing. I'm new (my son has WG) and I was wondering if the "brain fog" is a side effect of medication? If so, which ones?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
    Y'all are very amusing. I'm new (my son has WG) and I was wondering if the "brain fog" is a side effect of medication? If so, which ones?
    Thanks, Theresa we pride ouselves on being amusing. Prednisone can cause a "brain fog". What other meds is your son on? Welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightwarriori,
    He is on Prednisone, Cytoxan, Lisinopril, Dapsone, Prednisone eye drops & Prevacid. His worst side effect so far is the tiredness and puffiness in his face and stomach. Those are minor to what many people have but the puffiness really bothers him. He hasn't said anything about being foggy but I'll watch for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no way to avoid the "moon face" that comes with pred. It also re-distributes body fat, so the abdomen gets big along with the arms, neck, chin, upper back and torso in general. I don't think fogginess hit me for several months, even though I was in horrific shape otherwise.

Other major side effects of pred are shakiness, excessive sweating, blurred vision and (oy!) mood changes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too get alot of brain fogginess. I would have missed my bone density test had I not cleaned my purse out the day before and went through everything. I also have a calendar in my purse which I live by for one week and then forget about it the next.

Sangye, again thanks for the info. I knew about the moon face but did not about it re-distributing your body fat. As weird as this sounds, I am kind glad you pointed that out because I have been getting pretty upset with myself, not understanding how the weight can get so out of hand everywhere.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast