Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair Loss and Cytoxan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would guess it would be the mtx. I never had that issue at all and my hair is very thick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had mine cut just before I statred cxt , and it didnt fall out but went very thin, came back very thick ,grey and curly. I did not have any problem whilst on mxt .
    DEE x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on monthly cytoxan infusions, 4 down 2 to go hopefully? My hair has really thinned out and it's lost a lot of it's natural curl and it seems to have gotten grayer???
    Hope it comes back when this is done, but I'm a middleaged guy so if not it's not a big deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My natural thick, curly and healthy looking hair changed to thin, straight, and lank with no body following my initial treatment with cyclophosphamide infusions. My hairdresser gave me a tip which helped a lot and that was to shampoo hair as normal but not to put conditioner on then. Towel dry and then put about 5ml (for short hair) of your usual conditioner onto your hand. Apply to your hair and comb through. do not rinse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone check out any of the products out there for hair loss? Not sure if they are a joke, but Nioxan keeps coming up and wonder if anyone had checked it out. For now I am just praying that I don't lose my hair like last time and am taking my hair and nail vitamins daily Thursday I will go to the full 125mg does of CTX, complemented with 60mg of pred. Good times...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rose,
    I have tried your hairdresser's tip and it seems to help, thanks. I've got another dose of Cytoxan tomorrow so I'm sure my hair will get thinner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aewaustin View Post
    Anyone check out any of the products out there for hair loss? Not sure if they are a joke, but Nioxan keeps coming up and wonder if anyone had checked it out. For now I am just praying that I don't lose my hair like last time and am taking my hair and nail vitamins daily Thursday I will go to the full 125mg does of CTX, complemented with 60mg of pred. Good times...
    Good times indeed. That made me laugh. You'll kick it fast; I know it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just started Cytoxan and on 500 mg once a month. Does anyone know what side effects there are with being on the lower dose of Cytoxan? Do you lose your hair, or does it just thin? I have however been very nauseated and been throwing up a quite a bit. I am on Zofran for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes there is hair loss...due to low doses (as opposed to cancer doses), the hair loss isn't always severe, for some not even noticeable. For my hair loss, doc tripled my dose of folic acid. Within a few weeks, the loss stopped & hair came back, albeit curly for awhile! As for nausea, doc had me take mtx dose (they have similar side effects) by halving it 12 hours apart...the nausea went away. Best of luck Heidiz.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Heidiz,

When taking cytoxan, it's important to keep hydrated. There are some nasty metabolates of cytoxan in the urine that can lead to urinary tract infections or bladder cancer. Keeping hydrated will allow your body to keep the nasties more diluted and minimize the chance for problems.

Good luck and better health.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast