Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair Loss and Cytoxan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your friend is right, once we get done with the harsh stuff side effects diminish. It will get better, it's just being patient. When I was 15yrs old ( long, long time ago) I was in the hospital with kidney failure, they have my on IV prednisone and we think IV cytoxan. All I thought about was a that I was going to be a Big bowling ball ( round and hairless), it scared the crap out of me. But, I got through that and my hair did come back thick and curly. The weight came off too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My son, Carter just started losing hair this morning. It seems like a lot!!! He woke up and hair was covering the back of his shirt and sticking to his neck like he had just gotten a hair cut. They did tell me it would thin, but this seems to be extreme. Does anyone no when it will stop?? He is taking the IV form of cytoxan. He had his first dose 2 weeks ago and is due for his 2nd in 2 weeks. I am wondering if it will all fall out?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by talentx7 View Post
    My son, Carter just started losing hair this morning. It seems like a lot!!! He woke up and hair was covering the back of his shirt and sticking to his neck like he had just gotten a hair cut. They did tell me it would thin, but this seems to be extreme. Does anyone no when it will stop?? He is taking the IV form of cytoxan. He had his first dose 2 weeks ago and is due for his 2nd in 2 weeks. I am wondering if it will all fall out?
    I think it just seems to be different for everyone. I also had IV cyclo and it didn't make my hair fall out. I met another lady with Wegener's in the hospital who's hair didn't fall out the first time, but did the second course she had it.

If Carter's hair is noticeably thinner now, maybe he'd prefer it all shaved off?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seem to be losing hair where i don't want to lose it above and below and growing hair on my lip and the rest of my body, I seem to have grown my own fur coat. Its very funny..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's pred..... Redistributes fat and hair growth patterns. It's good that you can find the humor in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I had my kidney transplant the medicine grew me a unibrow and all the above!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Were you on cyclosporine Elephant? I hear that's a real hair-raising drug.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye, I have been on cyclosporine for 21 years and still take it. It totally changed my hair color...made it darker. It also made my eye lashes longer. No fake ones for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL-- well elephants do have lovely eyelashes....

High-dose pred made my eyelashes really long, too. And they curled more, so I looked like a Disney character. It was the only thing I liked about those high doses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever seen the eylashes of a giraffe, beautiful
    Jolanta

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast