Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair Loss and Cytoxan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pill form will cause hair loss too, not all of your hair will fall out. It thins quite a bit. I have lost half of my hair in the last two years secondary to the Wegener medicines ( cellcept, prednisone, cyclosporine, bactrim).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oral Cytoxan is much more effective.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i take oral Cytoxan without any trouble hair very thin and does not grow to quickly and as Elephant says happened gradually , small price to pay if it makes us feel better DEE x you will still be you hair or no hair !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have taken oral cytoxan many times through the years... My hair was VERY thick and is still thick - but thinner than it was... I got a "little" excited when it started to come out in groups in the shower when I shampooed, but that slowed down... Still thick to the average person's observance... The funny thing about the hair loss/thinning - taking the bad with the good... I have never had to shave my underarms after the first few years - no hair.... : ) it has not grown back and shaving my legs takes just a few swipes... so the more time to do other things than sit in the shower or bathroom and shave....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha Ha ha same here Nancy, and then some LOL
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started oral cytoxin about 6 weeks ago and definitely have hair thinning - luckily, it was pretty thick to start with. But most of the thinning is on top - looks kind of crazy with still thick hair down behind my ears. Wish my leg and pit hair would fall out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do these medicines make us more ...excuse me I'm using a bad work..UGLY! Glad to get that out. If were suffering why can't these medicines make us pretty ( thick shiney soft hair, less hair under the arms and legs, no moon face, just smooth skin like a baby...) ok I said enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree, elephant!! Just before I got sick, I had decided to really get in shape (after 6 kids - whew!) and had started the couch-to-5K. I was hoping to work up to a mini-triathlon with my husband. Now, I get tired walking up our stairs! My husband is doing P90X (hard core videos with weights, plyometrics, yoga, abs, etc.) and he looks awesome! Best shape of his life - and I look more like the Pillsbury doughboy's larger sister. UGH!
    Last edited by ArlaMo; 05-13-2010 at 04:41 AM. Reason: can't spell...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is funny that you mentioned couch to 5 K...I am currently trying (cough, cough) that right now. As for the P90x- all my neighbors have the video and look awesome. It really works, but I know it would be too much for me. My friend has the x90 which is suppose to be less strenuous.
    I know how you feel " Pillsbury dough boy's larger sister", that's how I felt too being on 60 mg of Prednisone and continuously eating everything in the kitchen.
    That all will pass, once you get this wegeners under control ( remission) and the prednisone is tapered you will feel back to normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Elephant funny you used that U word today have had few visitors today and realised all we talked about is me putting weight on me having hot sweats ! me having hair short because so thin now and yes me staying away from the kitchen too
    all their replys were it does not matter as long as your ok and i know they mean it
    decision do i want to go to the local ball in june answer do they make ball gowns for beachwhales
    see Elephant now i feel better now ive had a moan thank you DEEx
    ps loosing or thinning hair not a problem a friend of mine had chemo for cancer and she wouid tell you her hair in a good condtion now she finished her treatment

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast