Thread: cant remember !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default cant remember !

Can anyone remind me why wg consult said to let him know i noticed RED EYE
    not that i go looking for things believe me ive enough at the moment but have found a small patcth on left eye which is the eye that i have the most problems with
    its slightly sore and a bit teary also bank holiday here so cant do much about until tuesday
    its just that i cant remember the information
    thanks for any help you can give DEE X

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wegs can attack the eye. That's why it's important that we have baseline eye exams by an eye doctor (not optometrist) who is experience in autoimmune diseases (I don't think you can find one experienced solely in WGs -- couldn't make a living!) . My doc discovered old inflammation in the eye -- really can't say that whether it's WGs or not, but ruled 'no vasculitis present in eye.' And I need to go back in six months since I am newly diagnosed. I'm 20/20 vision so I hadn't been to an eye doc in 20 years!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Dee, yes when your eye is pink with no pus....it is most likely WG. Before I was diagnosed I had left eye pain and both eyes would get pink. I had prescriptions for dry eye, infection, allergies ...ect... No one knew what was going on. I saw probably about 10 eye doctors and they did not know what was going on. Only one said, well it's inflammation. Hello.....I know that ...but what??? I still do get left eye pain and now have glaucoma.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My eyes aren't red, but they are swollen and tear. Optholomist said I have dry eyes so I use natural tears eye drops which helps some. I have found that puttiing a cold wet wash cloth with a bit of ice in it for a few moments before I fall asleep seems to bring longer relief. Just had the optholomist check in the last month, no glaucoma or changes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here Lightwarrior, swollen, painfull and teary eyes. They are also blury and bulging and at the beggining went pink on me. It was scleritis, which fortunatley is benign and cleared up in couple of months of using steroid eye drops. Not so with some of our weggie friends, where glaucoma, or growth behind the eye is a very serious condition. I just had my yearly check and I'm still 20/20 but in bad light I need glasses so got myself a 1.5+ and no more straining to read.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi DEE , If you have read my first post then you would know that I have lost sight in my left eye from WG. All started with watery eyes headahes my eyes were so sensitive to light . 8 months later i had a weird thing happen to my eyes .. Blurry vision my right eye went all blotchy and lasted about 1 1/2 hrs then went , no one could explain it . no one could tell me why my eyes were extreamly sensitive to light watery all the time with severe head aches all the time . Blood tests were fine Ct showed my sinises were blocked . 8 months later they gave me a sinis op removerd some bone because they said the crusting was getting stuck and that why your getting headaches and watery eyes . Didnt help. They kept thinking all the pain was comming from either my nose or ears . No one was listening to me about my eyes . 3 months later when to hospital with blurry vision , dont know why sent me home , was back with in 3 days and addmitted for CT and MRI , still no answers sent home .. my body was aching bad Had a fluro angiography all good vision no better they started me on IV steroids 3 doses , this did clear the eye a bit but soon became blurry after IV doses was stopped . I finally went totally blind in my left . alot more to this story but If i could give some some advise keep at your doctors to dig deeper , I had a few MRI's of orbits but no one could see anything wrong until my Opthomoligist invited me up to Brisbane one night to confrence with about 20 other Optho's and one of them spotted it right off the bat , Sorry couldnt tell you what ?? but what I know it was Granuloma build up around my optic nerve , which in turn killed It sending me blind. I dont know if im helping or what but I f I tell my story maybe it will save someone else from losing there sight . Natalie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks eyeone eye not asore today but will get it check out at gp tomorrow just had a particularlt bad day yesterday and did not need another problem DEE x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forgive the spelling in above post should not post when just woke up brain not in action DEE x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Natalie for the information on the eye. I have a good eye doctor and I keep him informed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEE View Post
    thanks eyeone eye not asore today but will get it check out at gp tomorrow just had a particularlt bad day yesterday and did not need another problem DEE x
    totally understand about the bad days hope you are feeling better soon .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast