Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatar Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Avatar Anyone?

Thanks to pred, my memory is like a sieve and I have a hard time remembering who's who without avatars. I was wondering if members would consider using them whenever possible. It really brightens up the pages to see them, too.

If you don't know how to add one, just ask and someone will post instructions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should be able to work it out but with such a muddled brain at the moment and memory loss who knows. So if anyone knows please help.
    Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Col23 - I figured it out... Go to your profile... Select settings then edit avatar... Have a picture that you want to use. The edit avatar will open up a new screen. You can add one in and you are good to go... I chose a picture of a dog similar to mine... Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Col 23 if i figured out anyone can do it and i agree with Sangye i use the avatars to see online more than read the names somedays speaking as someone who has eye probs it helps DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get rid of mine? <g>

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbangu View Post
    Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get rid of mine? <g>
    The same way: when you upload a new avatar, it overwrites the old. I'm not entirely sure if you are asked if you want to overwrite it or not- should have looked before I leapt!- but it was simple enough I've changed mine often, to confuse and amuse any who care.

I'm back, after a brief review of how it works. You are given two choices in the edit feature, not to have an avatar or to create a custom avatar with a URL or by uploading a personal file. Hit the browse button at the lower right of the custom avatar section. That brings up your computer files. Select the photo you want to upload, and it uploads to replace your current avatar. If you are successful, you will see your new avatar at the top of the page, above where you had the option not to have an avatar. If your image is too big, you'll get an error message.

Attachment 310
    Last edited by Doug; 05-01-2010 at 07:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool pic doug i sat one rainy sunday afternoon working how to do it as i didnt want to ask BARON how
    call it woman pride DEE x

Doug Guest

Thanks, Dee. I like it because Louie looks a bit like a bobcat or lynx (in the face, if not colors and body). In my case, I learned how to do the avatar thing without assistance
    because I thought I should be able to figure it out on my own. It's definitely that guy thing of not asking directions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Louie is so pretty in this Avatar. I will get a picture up one of these days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww, Doug-- Louie has turned out to be a real cute friend. I'm so glad you got him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast