User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another Prednisone question!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yet another Prednisone question!

I used to be on Prednisone when I was first sick but have been off of it for about 2-3 years now until recently.
    I am having a flare and my doctors put me back on Prednisone and now I'm finding a lot of my old side effects are coming back but also possible new ones.

So my question is this, can Prednisone give you hot flushes? One minute I can be perfectly fine and the next I'm sweating really badly, even though I am not necessarily that warm. I just get really "clammy" and sticky/sweaty. Could this be down to the Prednisione?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost definitely Malin, I still suffer this side effect even though I'm only on 7.5mg of pred although much less often than when I was on higher doses.
    I would find myself suddenly soaked along my back, under my arms and face and hands would be slippery with cold sweat. Sometimes my face will flush but not always.
    I can't really recommend much except a good antiperspirant!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yes, I can go from normal to my hair being soaked and sweat dripping into my eyes and off my ears (I know, weird huh?). It feels like an internal oven starting up, but my temperature will be normal. I don't remember them being this bad when I went through menopause, but it is the same sensation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also get very sweaty, gag. It is usally if I am doing something though, not just sitting. Doesn't take much though, I could go clean a bathroom for example and I would be sweating from that. It is very annoying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stop taking prednisone last week and still sweating excessively doing absolutely nothing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Barbara, hopefully that will stop after the pred wears off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prednisone makes me sweat now. Just sitting here I can start to sweat. It was worse when I was on 60 mg, I had to shower three times a day. The laundry was unbelievable! It is much better now. I still get night sweats, but less.
    Last edited by elephant; 04-26-2010 at 09:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, it's the pred! I started on 1,000 mg IV solumedrol for 3 days ("pulse steroids") and went to 60mg from there. When I went home, I had to get up at least 6 times a night to change my pajama t-shirt because it was wringing wet. I had t-shirts hanging all over my bathroom drying out.

I was on ctx and went through chemo-induced menopause at the same time and couldn't take any herbs to help with it because I was on coumadin. I also had to wear full-length latex support hose (tons of blood clots) for several months while this was going on. I had no A/C and we were having a record heat-wave. I can barely think back on those days-- it was a living hell.

Even a stinking 3 mg pred makes me sweat, though nothing like the big doses. If I overexert, I break out in sweats for hours after.

I have found that taking a diuretic while on pred really helps with the sweating. I take 20 mg Lasix (furosemide). It depletes potassium, so if you take it make sure your doc tells you what to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been having hot flashes since taking cyclo and pred, and although they are a bit better, I still sweat and feel hot at least 3 to 4 times a day. Well the upside is I don't feel cold anymore LOL
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye - Does the diuretic help with puffiness?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast