User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Another WG Newbie...(we should have a convention)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Walter.
    Good luck, I have been down the same road your going down. Especially with the nosebleeds and the surgeries. Hope everything turns out well for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lola I had that before being diagnosed too, "cold nose." How is your thyroid? It could be WG?
    A low thyroid would show dry skin, lower metablolism , slow heart rate, cold fingers and toes and sometimes nose. There are othere symptoms too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lola -- I got that question from someone at the conference. People find it hard (impossible) to believe that you nose could collaspe and do so with no pain. But it does, and it's not like it felt different or you could feel the cartilage getting weaker. I had some pain (no more than sinus pressure), but nothing that would suggest this kind of collaspe. It seems to run together with stenosis, but believe me, we saddle noses even at a large convention of weggies are few and far between. It's not a common symptom.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, Jan. I just keep wondering. Elephant, my thyroid is within normal limits. That is, of course, the first thing I thought of, too.

I have a nose warmer that I pull out in the winter. It's charming, I must say. It just looks too ridiculous in the summer, however.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lola hopefully your nose will be warmer soon. I know what you mean, mine is gone now. It was cold for at least 15 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the same thing in cold weather. My nose started doing weird things last year. The cartilage started to feel softer and softer, and when I wiggle my nose it goes way further to the side. Everything below the bony bridge turns bright red in heat or cold. And in very cold air, it really hurts. I don't have overt nose symptoms (eg crusting) but I know my nose is involved. It's like the skin and cartilage are not getting proper circulation. The cartilage feels softer whenever any Wegs symptoms kick up, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't we strange?

My nose gets cold even when I'm out in the hot sun in the summer - especially when out in the sun!

Fifteen years, Elephant! I don't know if i have that long.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456