Likes Likes:  0
Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: All About Rituximab

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There must a vertigo conspiracy going on somewhere!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really makes me wonder what's going on. None of us who are affected live together or have any other environmental exposure in common.

And here in the DC suburbs we had that bizarre earthquake on July 16. I already had vertigo but it just feeds the conspiracy theory!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is really strange Sangye. Especially about the earthquake and not having any environmental exposure in common.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am wondering if I am having a flare like my usual ones if rtx will work to knock it out or will it take ctx. Who here has had success with rtx knocking out agressive Wegs either initially or on a relapse. This is concernig to me for future use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know. We are using it to manage the condition right now for me but I believe my Dr. would use it to treat a flare up for me since its the only thing working for me. Everything else that we have tried makes my liver fail.
    Weggies UNITE!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, remember that rtx is just as effective as ctx, and has been shown to be particularly useful in relapse cases. Specks in particular listed the cases in which ctx should be used over rtx and the answer was clearly none. I think it really disturbs some of this guys that ctx is being used in mild/moderate cases and that patients are being told this is the standard of care. I met someone at the conference who was very happy having been on ctx for 2 years because she believes it is maintaining her remission. Sad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok guys I survived my first dose of rituxan it hurts going in but not to bad took solumedrol 125mg ivp and benadryl 50mg and tylenol 650mg as a premed then 700mg of rituxan:.i feel like a mack truck ran over me...took some zofran 4mg when got home....so i plan on sipping on tea and resting....hoping i can go to work in morning..wish me luck....praying i do not get the shakes or anything else...will keep uou all posted...i pray this works
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IT's going to work LisaMarie! Take an easy tomorrow, don't worry too much about work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa Marie, I didn't get any pain with it going in. Maybe it wasn't in a good vein? But yeah, the mack truck... that's what it does to me. I hope yours clears up faster than mine. It'll work. Rtx rocks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JanW View Post
    Phil, remember that rtx is just as effective as ctx, and has been shown to be particularly useful in relapse cases. Specks in particular listed the cases in which ctx should be used over rtx and the answer was clearly none. I think it really disturbs some of this guys that ctx is being used in mild/moderate cases and that patients are being told this is the standard of care. I met someone at the conference who was very happy having been on ctx for 2 years because she believes it is maintaining her remission. Sad.
    I didn't realize that they thought rtx should always be used rather than ctx. That's great to know.

So many Weggies out there are in being put in harm's way needlessly. Well, we're just gonna have to do a better job of educating new members.

Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast