Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bath or Shower

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Bath or Shower

Hi all seeking some advice looking at changing bathroom for D would fitting a jacuzzi or shower be best ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it would be up to Dee's personal preference and physical condition - does she have mobility problems which would prevent her climbing in/out of a bath? Or is fatigue a problem that would mean she couldn't stand up in the shower for 10-15 minutes without needing to sit down?
    I've always liked the look of the walk in baths you see advertised on daytime telly, which has a seat built in usually with a shower head above so you can either sit to shower or fill as a bath after getting in. The only problem is you have to sit there until it drains again before you can open the door to get out.
    Don't forget your own personal preference too as you also need to use whatever you choose!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a plumber I would ask what you or Dee are used to. If you have the room I would put in a stand up shower with a built in seat. A good carpenter and tile man can do it. Make sure there is a hand held shower head and valve close by the seat for personal use. With a regular shower head also, it is useable for all. You may want to make sure you put backing in for grab bars. Not that you need them now but someday you may and it will also be a selling feature. Then I would get a hot tub for outdoors, with a heater and cover (sigh). Much better on the water bill and all.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi it was more the medical side of things if a Jacuzzi was ok with the vascular side of things

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might to ask your Rhuemy. Hot tubs are probably not a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I started aquatic PT it was in a pool heated to body temp--so quite warm. It felt great, of course. But afterwards I was wiped out and all puffy--even my face. When I started using the public pool, I wasn't wiped out and didn't get puffy afterwards. BIG difference! I had lots more energy in the cooler pool, too. Wegs is an inflammatory disease, and in holistic terms we have too much "fire" element. I've even learned that a warm shower (vs nice hot one!) leaves me feeling stronger, with better energy.

When I use the public pool I sit in the jacuzzi afterwards for only 5 minutes (by the clock). That's because the long walk to the locker room is too chilly if I go directly from the pool. If I stay in the jacuzzi for longer, I feel lousy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That makes perfect sense to me. I feel the same way. I cant handle too much heat or too cold either. It has to be just right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just to say took all the above advice we have bought a jacuzzi bath to use in five min at a time
    have shower above and shower attachment above taps put in the middle of bath for easy reach and will put in grab rail for good measure !!! all we have to wait for is hubby to have the time to fit it he s good at things like that but its finding the time thanks for the advice DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A hot bath wipes me out even though I enjoy laying in the hot water at the time, but I love my power shower (high pressure pumped system) and feel much better after. I've had a fold down seat fitted and it is one of the first things I plan to do after getting the cast removed from my leg this morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm SO glad that cast is coming off, Jack! Happy bending.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast