Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hospital again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Hospital again

Hi just to let you know D is back in hospital with a blood clot and poor breathing they have put her on oxygen she was having a lot of pain in her leg they did ultra sound and that was ok next chest scan poor love she has really gone through the wars this year up to now. She dose make me laugh tho keeps saying have to get better so she can go back to work take care all

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no-- I'm so sorry to hear this! I'm glad they found the clot before it did more damage. It sounds like it's gone to her lungs, but hoping the blood thinners will keep her safe. Please give her a BIG hug from me.

Also, for everyone else-- remember Weggies are 23% more likely to get clots than non-Weggies. I got uncountable leg and lung clots while on 1,000mg IV solumedrol, so it can happen at any time. They don't always show up on leg ultrasound right away. Mine didn't. If you have calf pain or cramping, or your calves feel unusual in any way, please get to an ER right away for evaluation. Tell them the risk for clots and they'll know which tests to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor Dee -- hope she feels better soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get well Dee
    Sangye, if I you are already on Warafin do we need to be as diligent with that? I mean what else would they do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Dee, so sorry. Get well soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, we do. You can still get clots on warfarin. I actually got new clots while on it-- less than 3 months after I got the first ones. They deemed it a "coumadin failure" and switched me to Lovenox (the hideously painful heparin shots you get while starting coumadin). I had to give myself 2 shots a day for quite awhile, then dropped to 1 per day. I was on Lovenox for almost 2.5 years. The shots are very painful when a nurse gives them, but WAY more painful when you do them yourself. Every single time I had to psyche myself into it. It never got easier.

Thank goodness I moved to Maryland and started at JHU. The chief of hematology put me back on coumadin, and I'll have to stay on it for life. I was miserable about that at first, but now it's nothing. So much better than Lovenox-- which also dissolves bone faster than pred.

I'm going to start a new thread called Blood Clots and Weggies with some other stuff I've learned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for your support i will pass on to D i am glad this helps other people. Sangye to pass the word of all these things that happen is great the more awareness that can help others people to ring the bell and see there doctor as soon as possible when these things happen will help fast treatment ,I have to say the doctor we have now is great he is very much in tune with all that is going on and this creates confidence for D which is a big support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so happy to hear that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish Dee a speedy recovery.
    Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an up date scan back two clots in lungs when she dose things it's not by half at least now the can start treatment to thin down blood

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast