Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microdermabrasion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jolanta, there's no way I can answer that with so little information. It depends on many factors and requires a thorough history and exam.

What I can say is this: If he's following the chiropractor's instructions accurately, then the doctor should be able to give him a reasonable time frame for improvement. If he's not meeting those goals (eg X% improvement within 2 weeks) then the doc will do a re-evaluation and determine what to do. It may mean changing treatment strategy and/or getting further diagnostic testing (eg MRI). Even if he is meeting the goals, the doc will do a re-evaluation at given intervals to make sure everything is on track.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you i will let him know to give these questions to his doc
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His chiro should have discussed all that with him. If not, he should definitely ask why not. It's a bit awkward to bring it up, but it's standard practice (and required by law) for any doctor to discuss diagnosis, treatment, prognosis and options. If his doc is unwilling to have that discussion, he should find a new doc. This is true for any doctor-- holistic, medical, etc....

Sometimes doctors (all kinds) explain things poorly and/or talk over a patient's head. Patients nod and say they understand, when they might not have a clue. If that's happened with your friend, it's best to just tell the doc "I need to review some things again." Going to a chiropractor can be overwhelming at first-- lots of new info, a totally different way to look at the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is what happened, he did not understand fully what it means to have a slipped disc. He talked it over with my hubby and followed recomendations of his chiro and family doc. He is feeling much better.
    Jolanta

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12