Likes Likes:  0
Page 16 of 104 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: News of Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying to become more independent, tempting though it would be to take up any offers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack that is a very nice fiesta, .... when I got diagnosed I got into a "can't take it with you" mindset and bought a new car too.... there's no point in keeping it in the bank nowadays that's for sure.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Sorry for the pointless post, but I wanted to tell someone.
    Not a bit pointless, thanks for sharing. There is nothing like the feeling of being able to bathe (or shower). One of my nursing heroes, Florence Nightingale who is from your side of the pond Jack, wrote and taught how important light and cleanliness were to the healing process.

Enjoy your first shower , first trip up and down the stairs and new car day...wow a lot to celebrate!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to hear you got the cast off, Jack. Now BE CAREFUL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news Jack keep safe DEEx slow and steady

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news Jack! I bet you feel alive! I don't know if I carry you around like a pomeranian.

Doug Guest

Considering you are a retired car guy, I'm interested to know what the car is. Ford Fiesta? I know they get great press over here (the European version- who knows what the neutered American version will be like....) Eggplant- yep, a very girlie color, and it must be fun to drive, too! I've been in a World Cup daze of late, so am a bit behind. Good to come back to you progressing to trips upstairs and showers. With me, it was downstairs and showers, after the initial mointh and a half of hospitalizations for WG: Stairs- ugh! Showers: Hoorah!! Good to have you back, Jack!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Ford Fiesta, but with a tiny (by your standards) 1.25 l (76 cu inch) engine. However, it puts out 82 HP so it is fine for around town and short trips. My own car is more suitable for longer journeys and has a diesel engine which is a very popular choice here in Europe. They are quiet and usually more powerful than the petrol engine equivalent, unlike the ones you are offered in the USA.

Sorry - cars - I can't help but ramble!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack, you sound much happier!!! That's GREAT!!!!

The Ford Fiesta is their top World Car. In North America Ford used to make a car called the Fiesta back in the late 80's and early 90's. It was a flop - poor design and very poor handling. Cars have come so far in the last 15 years. I got to drive a European Feista like Yours Jack over in Spain in 2006. It is such a good small car. very well designed and good power and handling. So I thought why can't we get the good European cars in North America.

The new North American Fiesta is almost the same as the European one. There is a version coming out soon that has a turbo straight four for an engine with 200 horse power. The North American version is very good as well.

I hope your wife and you enjoy the car.

And Doug, is your car a VW by chance?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like I'm using this thread as my personal blog, hope you don't mind.

Still having lots of trouble with the walking and it's all down to the pain in my feet and lower legs rather than a direct result of the breaks. Pain killers help a little, but I am considering messing with my main medication (Pred and/or Myfortic) for an experimental period. (yes, yes, I know I should not, but I promis not to kill myself. ) I'm at my worst first thing in the morning and again last thing at night. At mid day I'm at my best and can just about take a step without crutches, but it is not something I would do for the fun of it.

I'm not sure what the coming week will bring. The girls are all going off on holiday to Italy while I go to my sister's house. She has spent her life in nursing and will look after me I'm sure. I certainly enjoyed my last stay. My concern is that she lives in an old house with steep, narrow stairs and the only bathroom is upstairs. Never mind! My sister is exceptionally practical and I'm sure we will sort something out.

I've also decided to drive there myself, even though I've only tried driving down the road and back so far. I don't have to, I'm just stubborn.

I'm taking my laptop with me so I'll let you know how it goes.

Page 16 of 104 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast