Page 101 of 104 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1031

Thread: News of Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get on the forum very often. I'm very upset about Jack. Heart goes out to his family and to all the forum members who where close to him.

Rest in Peace Jack, you were a very special man to us all. x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My condolences go to his family, and all those here who are missing him

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm having a missing Jack day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my. I've not been on much lately and just saw this. Jack will be greatly missed here. My condolences to his family and close friends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    I'm having a missing Jack day.
    Light and energy Sangye

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    I love the idea of having a Jack in the race, drz!
    I love the idea, too. I know I don't have enough $ to sponsor a dog individually, but maybe we could all pitch in a little or a lot, dependent on our ability, and have Jack run that race. Very cool idea

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Palmyra View Post
    I love the idea, too. I know I don't have enough $ to sponsor a dog individually, but maybe we could all pitch in a little or a lot, dependent on our ability, and have Jack run that race. Very cool idea
    What do we need to raise? Does Cindy have a web site set up to receive donations?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, it's Beckie, Jack's daughter again.

Me and the rest of Jack's family can not thank you enough for all your kind words and condolences, we appreciate them ever so much. We are pleased that Jack had easy access to an online community where he could advice people and share his own experiences with others. Also being able to have a laugh and a joke, I want to let you know that he spoke so fondly of the site and the people on here and howenjoyed spending a lot of his time talking to you all!

We were sent many flowers to the house from family and friends and we took one flower from each bouquet, being able to make a new small bouquet of pretty flowers for Jack. We then put it in his coffin from all of his friends on this Wegener's site.

In answer to one person who posted something along the lines of

'they got you in the end with the feeding tube'

They did fit it on the Thursday 22nd September, but Jack pulled it out over night, obviously staying true to word as per usual, he deciding he had no quality of life awaiting him and felt the end was near, knowing that these tubes were the only thing keeping him alive, he didn't want his death to be long and drawn out, he wanted it to be as quick as possible. He did also pull out his oxygen tube.

We later read the thread he started on, 'Your Thoughts on Dying' and understood that he did consciously decide that this was enough for him and he didn't have much in the way of a future. This does bring comfort to us, knowing that he decided enough was enough and he had made it a known fact that he had come to terms that he would have to face death at some point and it was not something he feared.

We have come to a conclusion that it was a huge flare up of Wegener's which got him in the end, but the symptoms were slow and we just thought that his health was deteriorating.

We found out that Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital in London were setting up a research programme in Wegener's and had set up a charity. In lieu of flowers, we asked for donations to this charity which can be found on

St Thomas' Wegener's Trust

Once again thank you for being such great friends to Jack, we know that this site meant a lot to him. He will be/is greatly missed, but he is living on through our memories and will be forever more. His family and friends can't thank you enough for all of the support you all gave him throughout the years, he was glad he was able to help others who were going through similar sort of things.

Beckie & Family
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Beckie,Thinking of you and your family .He will always stay with us .DEE and BARON x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beckie, Thank you for taking the time for us. "he was glad he was able to help others who were going through similar sort of things." Jack's advice will stay on in this forum for other in the future. I am sure they will also appreciate him as we all do now.

I am glad that you were able to find comfort in reading his own thoughts. We will all continue to miss him.

Wishing the best for your family. Trudy