Likes Likes:  0
Page 84 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: News of Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister has just given me a dilemma over my next stay with her while wife and children go off on holiday in a couple of weeks time.

Because I have not been too well lately and am still fighting this chest infection (new sample going in for analysis tomorrow) going up the stairs has become a major problem and something I can only really manage once a day. The trouble is that my sister's house does not have a wash room downstairs. She says that this will not be a problem and she will sort something out (commode, urine bottles, even a bed down stairs if necessary) she is able to cope with almost anything it seems and with her nursing background, I don't feel as embarrassed as I might do otherwise, but obviously I feel guilty about imposing on her in this condition.

However, she has now made another offer - to come to my house and look after me here! From my point of view this would be ideal, especially with the new stair lift, but I really could not bring myself to impose on her to that extent. Perhaps the answer might be to split the visiting and do a bit of each depending on how well I feel.

Just using this post to help sort my thoughts out!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry to hear your chest infection is still hanging on! I vote for letting her come to your house. You couldn't even bathe properly if you went to her house. No one like a stinky guest. Let her help you, Jack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would go with her new idea...i would NEVER offer up a new idea if it was not okay with me so...i think it is safe to assume she either would prefer it that way or she at least has no problem with the idea. Go for it.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree ,go for it Jack let her come to you. As you say life will be easier with the things you need around you .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would stay at your house Jack. It sounds like a way better arrangement for you.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stay home Jack, your sister sounds wonderful. So glad you have great support.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are all coming at this from the logical standpoint and I can't fault your opinions. However, I'm coming from my position of never having to ask for help with anything and feeling guilty about it when I do. I always have to return the favour! I have never been particularly close to my sister until recently because she is quite a bit older than me and then I moved away to a different town so it comes particularly hard.

I think I'm going to try for a compromise with her coming to stay with me for a few days and then both of us moving back to her place for the second half depending on how well I'm feeling at the time.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had you thought that she might want a break from her own surroundings anyway? You could be doing her the favour? The thought of all that shpping that the 'Bullring' (mall, for our overseas friends!) offers - could be heaven! I think that the 'compromise' is the best of both. Hope all the family enjoy their breaks (no, not bones please).

How's the 'Ski' ramp Jack? With the warm weather i trust you are enjoying the garden? I've just picked over 9lb of runners which just arrived over the past three days - shame you don't live closer.
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you enjoy your time with your sister no matter where you spend it, Jack!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm coming from my position of never having to ask for help
    I totally understand your position. I'm the same way. I'm not good at asking for help. If I can't do it myself, then it doesn't need to be done. Same with borrowing things. If I can't afford to buy it, then I don't need it. I'm still hanging on to that premise, but the day will come..... Agree with the rest. Go with the compromise if it's not too big of a hassle.

Page 84 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast