Likes Likes:  0
Page 94 of 104 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast

Thread: News of Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a relief it isn't cancer. Hugs to Jack and family and hope he's back to health and posting again soon x
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good News!! Thanks for the update Becky and please pass on all our best wishes to your Dad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jack

Sorry to have to now tell you all this but Jack sadly died on Friday 23rd September 2011 at 11.05pm UK time. Things started to go badly wrong on Wednesday, he had been saying that his throat was very sore from about the previous Friday and we put this down to the bronchoscopy causing some swelling....this was checked out because he had started to choke and cough on some of his medications. It was discovered that when he swallowed food or drink some of it was going into his lungs,...we think this is why he was having lung infections that wouldn't clear up. The Docs put him nil by mouth and then on Thursday he was fitted with a feeding tube though his nose, dual purpose for supplying his meds and some nutrition.....sadly this seems to have been a step too far for his very frail state of health and he just found that he couldn't breathe or really talk.....his condition deteriorated and he died peacefully on the Friday evening with all of us with him.

We kept him updated with all of your replies and best wishes which pleased him greatly.

Jack absolutely loved this forum and all the many friends he has made through it gave him much valued support and companionship in their communal battle of living with Wegener's and all the other problems that come with that. Jack lived for 25 years with this disease, many of those years were not easy but he always coped with whatever came his way, never complained, looked after and loved us, his family, and did his best for us at all times.

Love to you all, Karen, Georgie and Beckie
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Karen ,Georgie and Beckie
    I am so sorry for your loss, thank you for letting Jack become a special friend to me .He will be greatly missed by many .
    Thinking of you all .Jacks Yorkshire friends .DEE and BARON x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so saddened to read this news.
    Jack was an absolute blessing to everyone on this forum. He shared with us his experience with this disease of the past 25 years and
    I am so sorry to hear that you have lost a wonderful husband, father and friend.

May he always rest in peace and be forever pain free.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Karen, Georgie & Beckie.

I am deeply saddened by Jack's passing and am so very sorry for your loss. Jack offered so much help, encouragment and advice to Marta and me and we are going to miss him dearly.

Rest in peace Jack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Karen, Georgie and Beckie my heart and love goes out to you all and sending you strength to overcome such a tragedy.

Jack was such a wonderful man and his wisdom on the forum and his sense of humour endeared him to everyone.

I am truely shocked that he is gone and will miss him greatly. x
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Karen, Georgie and Beckie: Tears are still rolling down my cheeks. I will miss his wisdom, caring and humor. I valued his opinions greatly and will miss him very much. I feel blessed to have been allowed to know him even though I wish the circumstances were different. Hugs to all and know that he will not be forgotten here.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Jack's family - Just to echo what everyone has written and to say how sorry I am for your loss. He was a very special person - and will be greatly missed, and never forgotten.

With love, Fran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sorry to hear this news. My sincere condolences to Jack's family and friends.

Rose

Page 94 of 104 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast