Likes Likes:  0
Page 85 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: News of Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't let pride get in the way of spending time with family. I'm the same exact way mind you, but it's easier to say it to someone else Actually that is one thing that this disease has beaten into me, I'm not really in control of much of anything, might as well go with the flow
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I so know where you are coming from Jack. Just ask your sister straight out how she feels about all this and where she wants to go?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I continue to feel as crap as I did this morning I won't be going anywhere.

I started to really slide yesterday so got another prescription for Cipro since this seems to have been most effective for me. By the end of the day I had decided to sleep downstairs because I don't think I could have made it to bed. This morning I was so short of breath that I was considering ringing for a Paramedic with some Oxygen. However, I have now taken another Cipro then resorted to taking a big dose of Pred and now I'm not feeling so bad. Sputum has changed to a pale colour, pain has gone from lung and I can move around a little without gasping for air.

Had a good chat with the Matron on Friday and mentioned the depression thing. We discussed it then went through a bit of a questionnaire and came to the conclusion that I was not showing any signs of clinical depression other than being a bit weepy. We are going to monitor it, but I think this is the correct conclusion and I really don't want to be taking any more pills! I certainly do not have the sort of problems that a couple of friends with depression suffered from.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack, I wonder if you need to do a round of IV antibiotics. They're much stronger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not posting much at the moment because I really have been feeling very rough! So glad that I have the stair lift because it is even quite an effort to move from one room to another at the moment. It all seems to be due to lung congestion, low oxygen, difficulty breathing even though I still don't think I have an infection - second sputum test came back all but negative so I'm continuing with the antibiotics just to be sure. Not sure where I go from here unless I get admitted to hospital and it's not a good time for that.

Visit to sister's is off and she is now coming here to stay instead. I just could not cope with it at the moment and if I'm at home, I can access the facilities I know should the need arise.

Feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment, I've had enough of this bad patch and wish I could see a bit of improvement.
    Last edited by Jack; 08-15-2011 at 07:46 AM.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack, I'm so sorry you're still unwell. I'm wondering if you need to get a bronchoscopy done to get a good sample of what's in your lungs. What does your Wegs doc say about all this?

I'm glad your sister is coming to your house. I wish you were strong enough to travel, but at least you can enjoy each other's company.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack,
    Sorry things are not good at the moment, Glad your staying in your own bed !. please take care of you .DEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack, are they doing AFBs on your sputum samples? This is a must and most GPs do not order this.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, you could not make it up and be believed!

It seems that my hunch that all my recent problems might be heart related and not due to any infection were correct and the ECG that I had yesterday shows Atrial Fibrilation. I've just done a bit of reading on the subject and I seem to fit the description to a T!

Doctor wants to admit me today, but the family are literally just leaving the house on their holiday so I'm going to have a chat with him about delaying it for a week. My sister will look after me and won't let anything bad happen.

And another thing..............
    I have about half a dozen little lumps under my skin, less than the size of a pea and not inflamed or coloured in any way. One of these came to the surface yesterday so I dug it out and it was like a piece of gravel. I'm thinking that it may have been calcium. What's going on here?
    Last edited by Jack; 08-18-2011 at 11:48 PM.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Honestly, you could not make it up and be believed!

It seems that my hunch that all my recent problems might be heart related and not due to any infection were correct and the ECG that I had yesterday shows Atrial Fibrilation. I've just done a bit of reading on the subject and I seem to fit the description to a T!

Doctor wants to admit me today, but the family are literally just leaving the house on their holiday so I'm going to have a chat with him about delaying it for a week. My sister will look after me and won't let anything bad happen.

And another thing..............
    I have about half a dozen little lumps under my skin, less than the size of a pea and not inflamed or coloured in any way. One of these came to the surface yesterday so I dug it out and it was like a piece of gravel. I'm thinking that it may have been calcium. What's going on here?
    No one can ever accuse you of being uninteresting Jack! So...what does this mean? AF seems innocuous enough if treated and not too severe so I am sure we are all interested in hearing your overall prognosis. Perhaps with treatment much of the nasty stuff you have been experiencing as of late will diminish?? More energy, less chest pain? Please let us know.

As for the lumps coming to the surface that you confessed to "digging out", my theory is little itty bitty alien life forms all about to form little itty bitty wings and fly you off to some far away planet for further testing.

Do keep us informed as you are near and dear and...INTERESTING!

Page 85 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast