My sister has just given me a dilemma over my next stay with her while wife and children go off on holiday in a couple of weeks time.

Because I have not been too well lately and am still fighting this chest infection (new sample going in for analysis tomorrow) going up the stairs has become a major problem and something I can only really manage once a day. The trouble is that my sister's house does not have a wash room downstairs. She says that this will not be a problem and she will sort something out (commode, urine bottles, even a bed down stairs if necessary) she is able to cope with almost anything it seems and with her nursing background, I don't feel as embarrassed as I might do otherwise, but obviously I feel guilty about imposing on her in this condition.

However, she has now made another offer - to come to my house and look after me here! From my point of view this would be ideal, especially with the new stair lift, but I really could not bring myself to impose on her to that extent. Perhaps the answer might be to split the visiting and do a bit of each depending on how well I feel.

Just using this post to help sort my thoughts out!