Page 102 of 104 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1031

Thread: News of Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, Beckie for sharing that info. It helps. I will never forget Jack. He became a dear friend to me and I still hear his words in my mind at times. Please know that we are always here for you if you want to feel closer to that part of your dad that we came to know and love. Wishing you and your family peace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow!!! I'm at a loss for words! I haven't been checking in of late due to Holly doing well and progressing each and every month so this comes as a blow. Our best wishes to Jack's family.

I had been a "lurker" on this site for awhile after Holly was diagnosed but joined to interact with Jack (and a few others) who seemed to have answers to many of the questions you just don't get around to during hospital/clinic visits.

He was a treasured source of information/experience and he will be sorely missed. Hopefully our paths will cross on the other side -- wherever that journey takes us. A tip of the fedora for an extraordinary gentleman.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Beckiee for your kind words to us. Jack meant a lot to us all and knowing him has been a salvation to me. He joined a very short while after I did and being new to wegs, I hung on his every word. Without his advice, my road to recovery would not be this fast. I have him to thank and many others on this forum for keeping my spirits up when the world was crushing down. He was a brave man to the end. Thank you for taking the time for making the flower bouquet and including our forum in his final farwell.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have found this year one of the slowest I can remembers since i was a school kid. I find it remarkable that this time last year Jack was fighting his last battle with WG.

For some reason I can only see this page of Jacks thread but think he "jumped ship" on the 23rd.

Never met the guy but his humility, wit and wisdom in life has, in my eyes, yet to be equalled. Hope life the other side is treating you well Jack RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friday 23rd September.2011.at 11.05pm
    Gone but not forgotten ,my friend . DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was very upset to hear Jack had passed on when I logged on after so long.
    My condolences to his family and other WG member on the forum. Very Sad.
    A lovely man. Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had Jack on my mind this week, too. I miss him so much; the pain is still surprisingly raw. There have been many times when an old thread on here appears with his name and avatar, making my heart leap up, forgetting that he's gone. And every time we have a member who's very unwell but no one can figure out why, I remember how Jack went from being sure he had a routine lung infection, to being told he had terminal lung cancer, to being told it was really just a bad infection. And then he was gone and it turned out to be Wegs all along.

I don't only have tears for Jack, though. I still crack up laughing every single time I do my dishes because of our hilarious conversation on here about the British not rinsing their dishes. That conversation was many months before he died but it had already become part of my daily laugh as I washed my dishes. And Hammy, I sure miss you. Your poem on that thread is often in my mind while I wash dishes, too. "We're British!"

There was also the hysterical "Where is your washing machine?" thread by Jack. I think of that every time I wash clothes!

I hope that Jack is healthy, happy and all his dishes are well-rinsed. Miss you, friend.
    Last edited by Sangye; 09-20-2012 at 01:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freaky (Sam) has a gorgeous dog named Jack.

Everytime she puts a post on facebook about Jack, this truly inspiring man comes to my mind.

I don't know if this is the case, but I hope Sam named him after this Jack
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got tears in my eyes. I still miss Jack and think of him often and wish he was still here to give us a dose of laughs or advice. Not a week goes by I don't think of you Jack x

And Mishb, sadly I had my dog Jack long before I came on the forum or was diagnosed but he provides a daily does of laughs and smiles for me.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

rif Guest

Just been reading the latest postings and there are tears in my eyes

Rif