Likes Likes:  0
Page 36 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: News of Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor Bobbby. Jack, do you think you will get another Rabbit? When one of my parent's dogs died a few years ago, the lady at the pet store told my dad to get another pet right away, not as a replacement but as an addition. He did do that, it was still heartbreaking knowing that "Ozzie" died but the new puppy "Gizzie" kind of helped a little.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your description of your 2 Rabbits Jack was so vivid it reminded me of our 2 cats. We got them from the 'Cat Rescue' organisation and they were brothers, the pair of them fitting in the palm of one hand when we got them. Rocky was 20 when he died 4 months ago and his brother, Rambo (we got them on Stallones birthday) made 18. Like Bobby, Rambo made out that his smaller brother was a pain in the backside, but they would 'cuddle up' for warmth on the front door mat in the winter. Rambo even came looking for us when Rocky was 'beaten up' by a feral cat. He led us to where his little brother was hiding, under a bush, all tattered and torn. I swore that when Rocky died that was it and no more pets, but I guess its only a matter of time before we succumb again. Hope Bobby has got his appetite back again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sorry to hear of your loss Jack, I too have a poorly bunny at the moment. I had to take Boris to the emergency vets on Sunday as my husband went to feed him and noticed his head was tilted to one side and he was having trouble standing up without rolling over.
    £200 and 5 days later and we're still not sure what it is, we're treating him for an ear infection caused by a parasite at the moment and he seems to be improving but it could still be a brain tumour. I have spent every spare minute I have trying to get him to eat and drink, cleaning his poor bottom because he can't stand up long enough to do it himself and syringing antibiotics and worming meds into his mouth.
    He is walking straighter and not falling down so much, he is also eating small amounts and drinking when you shove his water bottle in his face, but I think this is going to be a long recovery.
    I have resigned myself to having him in a cage indoors rather than outside in his hutch for the winter as this would be his first winter outside and I just don't think he's strong enough to take the cold. Also the medication is going to continue for some time and its easier to do it if he remains indoors.

I'm shattered because I'm running around and worrying so much about Boris, and I'm also concerned because I lost a rabbit 2 years ago when she had a blockage in her stomach and a month later I ended up in hospital diagnosed with WG. I'm trying to remain calm and convince myself that the situation isn't repeating itself.

Pets are family as far as I'm concerned, my Dad always tells me I get too attached to mine but they're like children who need caring for. Sorry again Jack, I hope Bobby either learns to live by himself or you can successfully bond him with another bun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope Boris gets better Luce, looking after them when ill can be a strain in so many ways.

Bob and Amber were indeed just like a comedy couple. Bob was smaller, lop eared and liked to sleep in the warm. Amber was always big, strong and fierce until something bad happened when she would run to Bob for protection.
    He seems to be eating again now, but he has not been too well himself and is on antibiotics.

We have had a lot of trouble with the rabbits this year and together with the problems I have had, my wife has had enough! I can't see us replacing Amber while we still have Bob, two Gerbils and a Hamster.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have two rabbits, two guinea pigs and three gerbils and luckily everyone is usually in very good health. I feel bad making my poor husband clean out the hutches every week since getting ill, I can manage the gerbils and kind of have to as I was only allowed them on the understanding that I looked after them. Gerbils are fantastic creatures, I love watching them dig their tunnels and have managed to train them to hop out on to my hand (as long as they get a pumpkin seed treat).

I can understand not wanting to take on any more animals as they really do require a lot of time and care, not to mention money when things go wrong. I'm sure Bob will pick up, he just needs a little time like we all do when we lose a special someone.

Fortunately Boris took his medication quite well today and has eaten some more, he is also less wonky so I think we have the right treatment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear of your loss of Amber Jack, it is indeed heartbreaking when we lose one of our beloved pets. I hope Boris gets better Luce.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    It hasn't been a good day today.

We have been fighting a losing battle with Amber, our youngest rabbit (6 years) who has been suffering from cysts and sore eyes - lots of antibiotics, eye drops and vet bills. She was not well before we went away on holiday, but was worse when we came back and today she was obviously sick. Time to call it a day and so we took her to the vet's for the last time.

This evening, I tried to push the washing machine drain back into place because it had fallen off and I did something to my left hand. No idea what went wrong, but there was a sort of popping feeling in my little finger and now it hurts like hell! It does not seem to be broken or dislocated so I've taped it up. I think it might be a torn ligament or something similar to what I did to my leg. I'm getting so damn fragile.
    The pharmacist just warned me about my high risk or tearing or damaging tendons because of the meds I am taking. Their warning was to see a doctor right away if I felt pain or inflammation of tendons. I think being fragile is part of the package for surviving Wegener's and taking the all the meds we need. Plus I have diabetes and those meds also contribute to risk along with getting older. Being a full time patient and supporting the health care community is my new job since I retired.

Let us know what they find on your finger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hand now making steady improvement so is justifying the session of denial!

Bobby is being treated for a cyst under his jaw and although he seemed to be making progress I'm now not so sure. The cyst seems to be getting bigger and he is missing Amber. I think we are all preparing ourselves for him to follow her in the not too distant future. Just like many old couples.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack glad about your hand, but sad about your bunny!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ditto to what Elephant said.

Page 36 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast