Likes Likes:  0
Page 47 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: News of Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was practicing, half my patients were kids and babies, many newborns. Most of the time when parents decided on a name it seemed right. But every so often it felt like the wrong name. I never said anything of course. By the time they were toddlers the name still didn't fit. I didn't know what their name should be, though. Parents who decided on the name after the baby was born seemed more likely to get it right. My parents had a name picked out for me but knew it was wrong when I was born.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is nice, shiny Jaden doing today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is still living up to our best expectations, very friendly, does not bite or scratch and lets our daughter pick her up all the time even though it is not what she wants to do. However, my picture of sitting here with her on my lap has not happened because she prefers to sleep on a bed all day. She tends to come down at about tea time when the house gets busier. For the past two years, she had a home of her own, but they got a new kitten and took Jaden back to the sanctuary where she came from! I can't imagine anyone doing that when she is such a good cat with no problems.

I'll tell her you were asking after her.
    I'm sure it is only what she would expect.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a Dermatologist appointment this afternoon, but I've just had two busy days and today I'm paying for it. I really don't want to leave the house and would rather just go back to bed!
    I'll have an hour's nap and then a cup of coffee to help me on my way.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a good plan, good luck at the Dermatologist!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spent half the morning snoozing in the chair and the other half in the bathroom.

Went to the Dermatologist and he burned off six areas of damaged skin with Liquid Nitrogen. Seemed to hurt a lot more than previous occasions and I was in quite a lot of pain when I got home - more coffee and sleep seem to have cured it, but I'm starting to run out of day now. I have a follow up in three months. (Sangye will be having a fit at me medicating with coffee!)

I think this one goes down as a Bad Day! But the sun will shine tomorrow!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Jack, that sounds awful! I hope it'll be okay by tomorrow. Caffeine, ahem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Spent half the morning snoozing in the chair and the other half in the bathroom.

Went to the Dermatologist and he burned off six areas of damaged skin with Liquid Nitrogen. Seemed to hurt a lot more than previous occasions and I was in quite a lot of pain when I got home - more coffee and sleep seem to have cured it, but I'm starting to run out of day now. I have a follow up in three months. (Sangye will be having a fit at me medicating with coffee!)

I think this one goes down as a Bad Day! But the sun will shine tomorrow!
    Any problems in your area with the flu epidemic like in London?

How is your skin damaged? Is that from Wegener's or side effect of Wegener's treatment? It sounds painful and likely to leave you itching for some time as it heals.

Is the cat still on good behavior?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not heard of anyone around here getting flu although I'm sure some have. It does not seem to be a major problem and both myself and wife had had shots.

I have had ongoing issues with various types of cancerous or precancerous skin conditions since a few years after treatment began. I'm not sure if this is due to ctx, Wegener's or some other combination of drugs. All I know is that my skin behaves as if I spend my life in the sun whereas the reality is that I almost never sit in it or even spend much time outdoors. I've had four areas removed surgically and three or four sessions with Nitrogen.

Jaden/Jennie is turning out to be a really good cat. She is obviously still settling into her new home and her behaviour is changing as she comes to trust us and relax more. She has only been out doors for a few seconds before running back into the house, so that is to be her next big move.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack, the procedure sounds scary. Hope your day is sunny tomorrow.

Page 47 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast