Page 12 of 104 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: News of Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jack
    Sorry to hear your in so much pain i hope the docter can find you some suitable analgesia that will agree with you. I take tramadol for my osteoarthritis, this also helps with my jiont pains as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is interesting about how "the family" handle it. Im one of 7 and most of them dont want to know or want to understand it. I get the impression that they dont want me to even talk about it. My dad got it, my mum took time and has been doing lots of reading about it. My husband gets it and is so supportive and wonderful, my children tip toe around it (older and flown the coup) however if I really need support they will rise to the occassion. Lucky for me I have lots of friends who are just incredible supportive.
    However Jack I understand that independent thingy, just trying to hold on to that is an effort in its self when your consumed with pain and require assistance. I admire your assessment and insight of whats going on around you.
    Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im in the same postion at the moment , my hubby is my main support at the moment ,plus friends and like you my children deal with it dirrentently
    my son who was at home with me in the early stages copes well but i have been struggling with how my daughter has been
    i hardly see her for all she only lives quite close and each time i have another problem eg blood clots she backs away , i know she has a busy life style she as recently been given premotion at work and is having to come to terms herself with dxt of Crohns diease
    at the moment i dont feel strong enough to deal with these issues so i bury head in the sand and hope it will sort out
    hubby seems to think she is trying to block my illness out too !!!!
    jack i to understand how you want to do for yourself and the fact that you dont want your children to become you carers i dont want that for mine either
    regards pain relief i take Tramadol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

opps finger slip not good in a morning
    what i was trying to say is i take Tramadol hopefully just in the short term
    thank you Jack for yet again bringing a subject up the family and how they feel as i said it is something i have been struggling with;but have kept rattling around in my head trying to find answers also thinking that is is something ive done wrong maybe not !!
    thanks JACK take care of u DEE x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in a more positive mood again today!

I found some old Tramadol that I had years ago (yes I know, I know............ ) it seems to be better than the paracetamol and has not had any undue side effects. Converting the sun room into a bedroom has also worked well and taken away the intrusion that sleeping in the living room was causing. In fact it is very comfortable and I quite like sleeping there. I have my appointment with the doc at lunchtime, so I'll try to get the meds put on a more official footing.

I feel that it is going to be a better day today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope things go ok Jack DEE x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack, glad it's going to be a better day today. Plus sleeping in the sun room should make your day shine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great to hear Jack. I know this is going to make a big difference for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first therapist told me that a crisis in the family (like being dx'ed with Wegs) doesn't create a new dynamic, it just amplifies existing ones. So a family member who tunes out completely was already tuning out but it just didn't look as obvious. That's certainly been the case for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jack - that is good you are in a more positive mood today, hopefully that will help you feel better too

Page 12 of 104 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast