Likes Likes:  0
Page 83 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: News of Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Project Ramp gets marked as a Fail at the moment.

I'm sure everyone here from the USA will roll around laughing, but I failed the NHS financial assessment for help with the ramp and stair lift (not poor enough) and now I feel hard done by! Looks like I'll have to spend some more of the children's inheritance.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the same boat , worked since 15yr old same as hubby . we fall in the same trap for help with things to ! DEE x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Project Ramp gets marked as a Fail at the moment.

I'm sure everyone here from the USA will roll around laughing, but I failed the NHS financial assessment for help with the ramp and stair lift (not poor enough) and now I feel hard done by! Looks like I'll have to spend some more of the children's inheritance.
    Many of our programs in USA also have income guidelines which I never manage to meet so I always get to pay full price. I suspect sometimes they ask for my income before they set the guidelines. Our only consolation is being able to deduct these extra large expenditures as deductions on our high taxes. But as long as our grandchildren don't mind us spending their inheritance i guess we will get by for awhile, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea what kind of income guidelines we might have in the US. I'm on the other side of the fence where I get to pay a lot of taxes.... :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bought a stair lift today - why wait?

Since it is a major factor in my mobility needs now and in the future I decided on the one that I really wanted rather than making do with something that might be just adequate, but boy did the price hurt! There are no prices available on line because if you have anything other than straight stairs it has to be made individually to fit so it came as a bit of a shock when it was nearly double my estimate.

It is being fitted on the 10th and I now feel quite excited at the idea of being able to go up and down whenever I want instead of once a day. Project ramp next. I'm going to have to make it a budget model!
    Last edited by Jack; 07-24-2011 at 07:37 AM. Reason: typo
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's fantastic, Jack! It'll make such a difference in your quality of life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack what a way to get to the top, enjoy those rides. I feell your pain, I must pay for all my meds, physio and life aids. At this rate I will spend all my retirement money before I retire
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jola57 View Post
    Jack what a way to get to the top, enjoy those rides. I feell your pain, I must pay for all my meds, physio and life aids. At this rate I will spend all my retirement money before I retire
    I wouldn't retire then. lol

I think Jack's chair lift is like going to the top of a big drop on a roller coaster. Except with Jack's you can go down at a much slower pace.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Jack;44783]Bought a stair lift today - why wait?

Since it is a major factor in my mobility needs now and in the future I decided on the one that I really wanted rather than making do with something that might be just adequate, but boy did the price hurt!
    Jack did they say anything about not paying the VAT,they told us about it when we were doing the bathroom .They would probably sp be registered . DEE x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I found out about the vat exemption when I had a new shower fitted and have used it a couple of times since. I have also just discovered that I should now get totally free prescriptions because I need help getting out of the house. I hope this one comes through because it has always bugged me that no matter how sick I was I did not fall into one of the exemption categories.
    Jack

Page 83 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast