Likes Likes:  0
Page 78 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: News of Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like things have been going better for you, Jack.... I'm happy for the good news.... And..... More pics! Love the big sideburns!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can fix this.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so this is sort of a bump. I know there are 78 pages on this thread, but I'm not getting past 77, so I'm see if a new msg will tip the scale....

On edit....

Yeap, it kicked on over. Odd....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same thing for me vdub, that is why I posted: I can fix this.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so happy to hear that Jack. I can see you modifying the thing and making it look like a race car knowing your skillset. Enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. Funny how Wegs gives us a whole new appreciation of the very little things we all use to take for granted. My heart sings when I hear the kids screaming in the schoolyard a few blocks away - wouldn't have had the same reaction pre-hearing loss. There are so many more examples, but I wont hijack the thread again. Enjoy every moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My heart sings when I hear the kids screaming in the schoolyard a few blocks away
    I know what you mean, Marta. I see backpackers getting ready for hike here in Idaho and think to myself "I wonder if they realize how very lucky they are?" I used to be one of the hikers/runners/etc and took it all for granted......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    ...... I used to be one of the hikers/runners/etc and took it all for granted......
    Aah vdub - I too used to climb mountains, cycle the hills and trek in Greenland - it is a bit of a dream now although I can still walk round my area reasonably well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeap, I too am now a walker and can manage quite well at that. I will be putting it to the test this fall when we are going to hike The Narrows in Zion Nat'l Park. After that, we go to Bryce Nat'l Park and hike the Fairyland Loop (not all that strenuous). I always wanted to hike from the south rim of the Grand Canyon to the north rim -- I'm afraid that is out of the question at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Visit to the Steam Fair went really well and even the weather was mainly good. The scooter performed perfectly so it gets a tick for being a good 2nd hand buy. The only problem is that it is quite an early design so not as user friendly as later models when it comes to dismantling and getting it into the car. Luckily, there were plenty of people willing to lend a hand so it was not a difficult situation.

The District Nurse came to see me and has given me an inflatable seat cushion and also a mattress topper. They seem to be quite flimsy and I was not expecting much from them, but they seem to work a treat and are very comfortable. They also cost the NHS a fortune so they are probably tougher than they appear. I guess that the extreme flexibility contributes to the spread of pressure.
    Jack

Page 78 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast