Thread: News of Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Ribs are almost better!

I'm just struggling with my lack of energy and generally feeling crap in the mornings at the moment. This used to only last for two or three hours, but it is now taking until the afternoon before I can do much more than doze in the chair. Some of it is sure to be due to lack of nutrition and the rest is the lung infection, so I have started to make a special effort with eating, fluid intake and keeping my temperature in check and I do seem to have improved as the week has gone on.
    I am glad you are making the effort to take care of yourself and to stay with us here. I think our anxiety level goes up more when we don't hear anything and don't know what is going on. We all need a break at times and sometimes we may also have computer or internet problems or just a busy schedule that keeps us away.

I am happy to hear your feel some progress in healing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack, you're a rock star in my eyes. Rock stars also lack energy in the morning and feel generally crappy, so you're in good company. I only kid, but I'm glad that you're seeing improvement in the rib department and are doing things to improve the 'rock star negative side effects'. Take care and keep on the trajectory you're currently on - the improvement trajectory.

I too am happy to hear that things are going well. Thinking of you often.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Switched to another antibiotic today - Doxycycline. If it does not result in an improvement I'll get a sputum sample cultured and see if they can find anything. They usually don't which is always a bit of a worry when you have Wegs.

I also had a financial assessment made to see if I can get help to install a stair lift since things are not getting any easier and I don't want to find myself suddenly restricted to down stairs.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy to hear about both, Jack. Those stair lifts are amazing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope the stair lift works for you Jack. I spent first three months "downstairs". Did not like it at all. Best to you,
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting fed up with this!
    Another day of feeling unwell, lacking enough energy to move and gasping for breath. It is now evening time and I'm only just now feeling that I have improved a little. Sputum sample to the doc's tomorrow!

On a slightly brighter note - they just rang to tell me that they will fit a ramp to my back door tomorrow (another benefit of the Health Service) so if the weather is good I'll be able to get out into the garden again.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, definitely time for a sputum sample. I hope the culture grows quickly and they know exactly which antibiotic will help. You've suffered with this infection for too long.

Good news about the ramp, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think that the weather over here is not helping you much at the mo? Pollon count is high as well as it being a sticky! Concur with Sangye re getting the right meds for the problem.

It's a shame that the Uk is not having the Winter Olympics otherwise you could get the ramp altered slightly and be another 'Eddie the Eagle' when you recover. You would also have a good reason for braking the odd bone or two.
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now Hammy! Hot cross buns?!! Seriously now!!! They are just a tad out of season.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update:
    I've decided that a lot of the bad symptoms I'm getting at the moment are side effects from the new antibiotics. The current one's side effect list (Doxycyclin) seems to include everything that is currently causing me trouble, so I'm going back to the Bactrim. At least I know what it does for me and it has no side effects. I'll then have a fresh look at how I feel.

Decided to sleep downstairs tonight. Probably more convenient and I'm not sure if I could do the stairs at the moment anyway.
    Jack

Page 75 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast