Likes Likes:  0
Page 35 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: News of Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww, sorry to hear about Amber. It's never easy with pets!
    I am also sorry to hear you hurt your hand! I hope you get it fixed asap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Freaky, Amber is Jack's rabbit)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack, sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope things make a quick turn for the better. Take good care!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ditto to the above comments, sorry about your rabbit. Hopefully they will figure out what is wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as the hand goes, first thing to do is to wait several days to see if it gets better.
    Thanks for all the good wishes, I'm sure things will soon look up.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Jack! Feel for you and your family as you lost this little animal. Today my daughter and I just happened to talk about the two rabbits and the dog we used to have, and how funny they were.
    The rabbits were mother and daughter. One was pretty old when she died (12!), but the other died to early. Cause of death myximathosis (?) -a nasty rabbit-disease. I tried for days just to safe her little life but eventually we also had to take her to the vet and let her go.

Hope your little finger is MUCH much better in several days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When it rains, it really rains (I don't want to say it pours so as not to tempt the fates as we all know things could get a lot crappier). I had a rabbit once and he was awesome. We let him run around freestyle, like a cat and he was great. My dad hated him because when we visited he would chew through dads stereo wires (in my mind that made him more indearing - being a bit of a rebel and all). Rabbits rock and I'm sorry about your little Amber. Our vet told us that animals are great at disguising their ailments, a survival tactic if living out in the wild, and by the time we notice they're sick they've been sucking it up for a while so it's good that you're taking her to the vet and she will not suffer whatever course the vet takes. I'm bummed for you.

As for saying how fragile we are because of your injury I think it's all relative. I personally think we're tougher than most. When I was at my healthiest I injured my thumb and pinky finger by closing the lid of a highlighter wrong. The pain lasted for several months. And I was stroooong then. Now I, you, we, can take on daily chemotherapy, high dose steroids and a multitude of drug / disease side effects way above normal threshold, so you are one tough cookie.

I'm sorry that your hand is hurting but knowing you, you'll have it licked in no time as you're one of the tougher people I have the privellage of knowing. I'm witcha buddy, use this time to sit back, chill out, and listen to some tunes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bobby, the older rabbit is a bit sad today.
    He has spent the past six years with Amber pressed up tight against him, but pretending that she was a nuisance. I think he misses her now and has not eaten his breakfast this morning. She also acted as his hot water bottle in winter so we are going to have to think of some other arrangement to keep him warm.

My hand is not much better, but I'm learning to get by without using it.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering how Bobby would be. They were so cute together in that picture. I remember thinking their names suited them perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your rabbits sound like a old married couple. So sorry Bobby is sad.

Page 35 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast