Likes Likes:  55
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Thoughts on Dying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

theres another group that i can think of who by the way they live their lives commit no violence against their fellowman even refusing to take up arms in conflict and thats jehovahs witnesses

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ian, we normally don't discuss religion in this group so as not to offend anyone. For this thread we all made an exception, and many of us expressed our religious beliefs in regards to death. We were careful not to criticize each other or enter into arguments, etc.... Your comment above this last one is not in keeping with that tone. Even though your comments were not directed at me, it hurts me to see another member of our wonderful group receive criticism. I have great respect for your beliefs and would ask that you please avoid speaking badly of others' beliefs. Thank you--

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ian anderson View Post
    have just read your post on death well i must say ive heard a few things in my life but wg being a gift of grace from god takes the biscuit its well worth saying that your knowledge of god is limited as is your lack of it on the bible the god of the bible does not smite people with illness or death or any other means especially wg( JAMES 1v13) god is love not to be associated with suffering which according to your religion goes hand in hand instead of confessing to a priest why dont you confess to him who we all have an accounting with almighty jehovah himself through not a man but his son christ perhaps then he GOD will grant you is holy spirit and then after having your eyes opened you will see for yourself that god does not inflict diseases on people but rather we become diseased through imperfection due to the inherited sin of a man adam
    Ian,
    I'm sure that you did not intend to make this thread feel unsafe to post in. Since religion is not normally allowed we all agreed that this thread would be a safe place to discuss our feellngs on death, your comments might make it hard for someone to express their opinion here. Would you mind sharing with us how you feel, personally about death, your own mortality?? It is okay for you to share that you hold a belief in a life after death, or that it scares you, whatever you are feeling. It is not okay to pass judgement or or belittle the beliefs that others have expressed. I hope that you will restore the safety that I'm sure you didn't mean to jeopordize.
    Namaste,
    Lightwarrior

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Ian, religion and politics are two very volatile subjects that we just do not discuss on this forum. I am sorry that unbeknown to you about the purpose of this post, you wrote your belief and became critical of one of our own. I am sorry too that we all jumped up at you for voicing your opinion. It is nothing personal at all, we just simply want to make sure that we ALL feel comfortable with discussing and telling of our most intimate feelings and problems to each other with the expectation of understanding and friendship..
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes the truth hurts a wee bit more than wg but ive got the message

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ian anderson View Post
    yes the truth hurts a wee bit more than wg but ive got the message
    I have to say most of your posts make me smile...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL-- Ian, that was pretty funny. Happy to have you in the group.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wasnt speaking badly of others beliefs and if that is what you thought your mistaken the fact that you commented means that you yourself may hold strongly held beliefs that may concur with those comments but due to your good self control you refrained from expressing them i salute you i on the other hand find it hurts a bit more when not only have i to contend with the most dasterdly of illnesses but i have to contemplate that god himself has decided to give me this illness if that is the case then we as a suffering people have to realise that (1) god doesnt care about our suffering (2) he doesnt listen to our prayers for help (3) and we have no hope of our suffering to end. that being the case there are many people around the earth who are wasting their time praying, hoping, believing, that one day all this is going to end how sad dont be angry at my frustration at others comments when i have devoted my whole mind, heart, soul, to a god i hope will one day soon end ALL our suffering with kind regards your fellow weggie ian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ian, I'm not sure who you were directing this to, since several of us commented.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here are my thoughts on death i dont want to die and neither does anyone even if we are suffering with a terrible illness like wg none of us can say this is when i want to die that being the case here is MY dilemma i neither judge nor belittle others i am your most humble servant my fellow weggie i only ask that we reason on this we can forget praying to god for relief after all twas him who smote us we can forget praying for others twas him that smote them we can forget a cure he holds the knowledge we can all be sure of more suffering he doesnt care why are we even talking to each other its not going to go away he enjoys our pain right WRONG we speak to each to offer our strength to those who are weak to encourage each other to keep going we pray for those who are going through that which you and i have learned to live with that those with knowledge will bring an end to our suffering through a break in medicine do not be angry my friend when i read the comments first time i thought to myself where is the encouragement in saying that the one in whom we trust implicitly gave us this disease think of a burst balloon trying to soar into the sky yes impossible and i my friend believe in the possible kind regards ian anderson

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast