Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Recent experience has reinforced my view that life is only worth living up to the point at which quality of life has dissappeared. I have recently witnessed many cases of people with broken minds and bodies who were never going to make any sort of recovery that I would think of as acceptable. Should I ever reach that point, I would wish for no further treatment because I would consider that my life was over. To me, that would be acceptable since I have been living on borrowed time for years and this would be a natural end. I have even planned my exit route should such an eventuallity occur - I think that if I were to refuse food and medication, I would not have long to wait. All those close to me know that this is my wish and would not intervene.

I feel most for those I would be leaving behind and have tried to keep everything in order and have made financial provision for them. I hope I have prepared them to handle the emotional side of loss too.
I send you love and a big hug...I am soo grateful to have met you and I too have made my wishes known ..I have an advance directive...My family may not agree but it is my wishes and I hope lessens the burden of those hard end of life decesions....I hope when the good Lord takes me I am asleep dreaming of the beach with the ocean tickling my toes...stay strong and may God let us keep ya alot longer...your are a tremdous support and guide in this nastey WG disease