Likes Likes:  55
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Thoughts on Dying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watersedge...most of us that are afraid of dying are afraid of how the loved ones will cope when we are gone so to me hearing your thoughts is actualy helpful. I would expect you to have depressing thoughts and fear and questions as would any of my relatives. That you came here to tell us how you are coping after the death is a gift at least to me.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by watersedge View Post
    Would it be easier to die if you had your family around you and somebody to hold your hand or would it be harder to let go knowing that they are upset and you are leaving them?
    I think it depends upon the family and their attitude toward death. I know when my mother was dying the Hospice worker encouraged us to "give her permission to go". Death was only way she would get any relief from her pain. Her husband was not willing to let her go though and this kept her in a state of struggle for a long time and prolonged her death. If the family is supportive and accepting of your death then I think their presence would be a great asset and comfort when dying. When your family is pleading for you not to die it is very hard to leave them and I believe this is the reason many of us are still here. There are limits to what the will to live can do but I believe it is a very important factor in what happens.

I would like to be like my grandfather in dying. There were three times his family was told he is probably going to die soon. He told his family not to worry as he was not going to die at these times. A few months before he died a couple decades later he told his wife to call the children to come visit to say good by. I was unable to come see him since I was on other side of world and he asked about me coming to see him several times. After a couple weeks he told my grandmother that he couldn't wait any longer for me to come see him and that she should say good by for him. He died two days later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im in tears After reading this post and knowing Jack has passed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw this thread and came across a post of mine a little bit back and wanted to apologise to Sangye for taking her up the wrong way. I adore Sangye and she has always been so kind and compassionate to me. I should have known better but was a little oversensitive and emotional at the time.
    I've just read all Jack's posts, he seemed to be preparing himself for quite some time, I am glad he had his wish and had a peaceful death. R.I.P.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No apology necessary, watersedge! I was not offended in the least by your comments. I felt bad that I hadn't even considered how my comments might have been taken a different way.

I also feel comforted that Jack was prepared and that he had a chance to be with his family and say his goodbyes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack is still caring for us, he started this post so we could all come to terms with our mortality. Thanks Jack.

7. Likes freakyschizogirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    Jack is still caring for us, he started this post so we could all come to terms with our mortality. Thanks Jack.
    I think Jack showed us how to do it with some style and class. I wish he could post like "Ghost Writer" and tell us what his adventure is like. I think Jack brought out the best in all of us and his parting left us with a great sense of loss. Hope he is enjoying a peaceful rest which is well deserved.

9. Likes freakyschizogirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Folks. Please get things into perspective. While WG is a horrible affliction it is nowadays not life threatning, nor is it as bad as cancer, leukemia, heart disease and so on. We are very lucky should we be diagnosed in time and correct treatment is very successful so let,s not depress each other

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Widthofacircle View Post
    Folks. Please get things into perspective. While WG is a horrible affliction it is nowadays not life threatning, nor is it as bad as cancer, leukemia, heart disease and so on. We are very lucky should we be diagnosed in time and correct treatment is very successful so let,s not depress each other
    My case has been very complicated and has threatened my life many times. Yes, we are blessed to have a diagnosis finally but Wegs is still a disease you cannot turn your back on and just forget about. It requires research and diligence.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

12. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont find this post depressing at all. Dying scares me and reading the thoughts of others about dying helps me. Also, like cancer every case is different. Also, the title of this thread hides nothing and it is very clear what this post is about so if it is offensive or too depressing than I would think you would simply not open it.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast