User Tag List

Likes Likes:  55
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Thoughts on Dying.

Doug Guest

When I really want to be funny, elephant, I spell it "humour"! Thanks! I am sure I must have offended a few, though one never knows until the blood spills out of the bucket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its ok by me Doug i like the way you explian things too DEE x

Doug Guest

(Dee- I won't let anyone know you said so. Ha!)

Corinth, Mississippi NE MS USA GOD's COUNTRY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dying is a part of life However, no one not even Jesus himself wanted to die. If you read in the Bible he asked his Father to let the cup pass but still said not my will but thine. I am not a very strong Christian but my faith has got me through some of the hardest WG times. I am in remission now because of prayer and I know my improvements are due to prayer. WG will change you and it did me because you realize what is important and what is not. I have my family & girls and thats what is important. We need to be prepared for death because it will come but while were here we especailly weggies need to make the most out of every day. John 3:16, John 14:6, Romans 10:9-10 & 13. God Bless & each of you have a wonderful Memorial Day.
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recent experience has reinforced my view that life is only worth living up to the point at which quality of life has dissappeared. I have recently witnessed many cases of people with broken minds and bodies who were never going to make any sort of recovery that I would think of as acceptable. Should I ever reach that point, I would wish for no further treatment because I would consider that my life was over. To me, that would be acceptable since I have been living on borrowed time for years and this would be a natural end. I have even planned my exit route should such an eventuallity occur - I think that if I were to refuse food and medication, I would not have long to wait. All those close to me know that this is my wish and would not intervene.

I feel most for those I would be leaving behind and have tried to keep everything in order and have made financial provision for them. I hope I have prepared them to handle the emotional side of loss too.
    Last edited by Jack; 05-31-2010 at 07:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I was always thought as a weird kid. But now since I have been diagnosed with this condition, I consider myself special in my own little way. But, I don't take things for granted anymore-nothing! I cherish the amount of time I get to have with friends and family. Some friends think I am strange because I cried on New Year's eve because-gosh darn it I made it to 2010.
    I try to be more positive and up beat because it could be worse. I had a birthday that I really wanted..I didn't want anything but my family together all in one place to celebrate that I was able to celebrate another year. I cried when I just celebrated my husband's recent b-day. Other opportunities have come up like helping my sister move down to NC for school, go to St. Paul, MN with another ill friend, then to celebrate a family reunion for my dad's side of the family which on a sad note -I would have been the fourth relative to have passed if I didn't get treated in 2009. I am also trying to make it up to NYC to hang with a cousin that I will meet for the 1st time at the family reunion. So I try to seize the day as much as my body lets me. I try not to pass up anything, anymore. And for all the other people in the world that rush around and take things for granted. I feel sorry for them. But I am not afraid of death. I just am worried about everyone that I would leave behind that I love.
    Weggies UNITE!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It amazes me how when I need to express ...cry or vent the right thread is here....I am also a christian and know with life comes death...I am so new in all of this WG that I am still mad and angry...but inside I know it is all in God's Plan and I may never know why...I also know that I pray for God's will be done...not a miracle to be healed....I do not want to leave my children before they grow...I want to share in all their good and bad experiences...I want to wipe their tears and hug and kiss them.....I am trying not to sweat the small stuff...decrease my stress and live life one day at a time...which for me is very hard...I know I am saved and will spend eternal ife with God In heaven...but I am also human and at times the flesh takes over and I am sooo scared..part of me want to make all my arrangements so no one has to deal with it when I am gone...as premature as it sounds...we truely do not know how much time we have...right...I t is fustrating because at times we hear you have to have faith ...God will take care of it....If I have have fear it does not mean I have no faith...it just means I am Human...flesh and bone...not perfect.....This is not how I planned my life and the unknown sucks ...but it is what it is....so while I am in Florida I plan to do alot of mediatation ....chop off my hair before the chemo makes it fall out...see I can controll some things and come back refreshed and renewed to start IV CTX or Rituxan....I have not seen my best friend in 7 yrs..so we plan on doing alot of catching up...wish me luck...thanks Jack for starting this thread....you remind me of my wise grandpa...he always knew what to say and when!!!!!

Doug Guest

Carly, well put. I find I am much more emotional than I was before, and these formerly taken-for-granted occasions (perhaps even people!) take on a new importance, a new depth of love that just spills over in tears of joy. For being alive.

LisaMarie, you will be pounced on for expressing Christian beliefs on this forum (it has been my experience). I've wondered if we, Christians, need a separate link entitled "Christians talk about faith and WG- stay away if you can't handle it" because many of us regard our faith as a big part of our healing- and feelings about death, yet non-Christians seem to think reading these things is aggression against them rather than a simple expression on one's faith.

Faith and healing: I can't separate the two. Yet there is a rule on this forum not to bring religion or politics into discussion. Posting here is to agree to those conditions.

Ordinarily I would post this sort of note as a private message, but there is a generally hostile attitude against Christians on this forum that I think reveals a bit of hypocrisy when other belief systems (from atheist to you name it) come up in comments, without challenge. "Respect my beliefs, but your beliefs are offensive to me, and I won't have anything to do with them." Something like that.

There are too many valuable things posted on this forum, beyond this sticky issue, for me to stop coming back to it, but I do believe this will be my last post.

(P.S. I may disagree with some of you on matters of faith, but I do love you all, and am encouraged by your victories, saddened by your set-backs. When you need it, I even secretly pray for you.)
    Last edited by Doug; 07-14-2010 at 01:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Carly, well put. I find I am much more emotional than I was before, and these formerly taken-for-granted occasions (perhaps even people!) take on a new importance, a new depth of love that just spills over in tears of joy. For being alive.

LisaMarie, you will be pounced on for expressing Christian beliefs on this forum (it has been my experience). I've wondered if we, Christians, need a separate link entitled "Christians talk about faith and WG- stay away if you can't handle it" because many of us regard our faith as a big part of our healing- and feelings about death, yet non-Christians seem to think reading these things is aggression against them rather than a simple expression on one's faith.

Faith and healing: I can't separate the two. Yet there is a rule on this forum not to bring religion or politics into discussion. Posting here is to agree to those conditions.

Ordinarily I would post this sort of note as a private message, but there is a generally hostile attitude against Christians on this forum that I think reveals a bit of hypocrisy when other belief systems (from atheist to you name it) come up in comments, without challenge. "Respect my beliefs, but your beliefs are offensive to me, and I won't have anything to do with them." Something like that.

There are too many valuable things posted on this forum, beyond this sticky issue, for me to stop coming back to it, but I do believe this will be my last post.

(P.S. I may disagree with some of you on matters of faith, but I do love you all, and am encouraged by your victories, saddened by your set-backs. When you need it, I even secretly pray for you.)
    Doug
    I hope you are wrong about the pouncing....I have found acceptabel and love at this forum...we are a multicutural group in every sense of the word...I can not judge any one for anything....i can disagree but not judge,,,I am not perfect or without sin.....I know we all go through doosey of days...I have had my share and everyone here has helped me outmore than they will ever know...I hope this will not be your last post...keep your chin up and I willl pray for peace for all of us..and a big hug

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    you will be pounced on for expressing Christian beliefs on this forum (it has been my experience).
    You won't get pounced on for posting your beliefs in this thread, by common consensus it has been declared an "open to religion" zone. I think the nature of the thread makes that inevitable.
    As for expressions of faith made in other threads, I think it is a fairly common rule of most Forums to prevent inter-faith bust ups. Simple expressions of mentioning people in prayers seem to pass without comment and I have not noticed any hostility towards Christians in particular. However, there may be an argument for starting a Faith section. Perhaps you should raise it in a new thread as a subject for discussion, perhaps in the Website Issues section?

Tell you what - I'll start one myself.

Here - http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...html#post19266
    Last edited by Jack; 07-14-2010 at 02:57 AM.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast