Likes Likes:  55
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Thoughts on Dying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope i can continue to make you smile with my posts take care kind regards ian anderson

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and im happy to be in the group sorry if my comments offended kind regards ian anderson

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone who will listen kind regards ian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi peeps :-)
    Before this thread goes south, I direct everyone's attention to: http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...ting-site.html

Andrew: exit stage left...... ;-)
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After being dxs with Wg everything looked different to me. My famliy and friends.Even a simple things like the sun. everything almost for the first time completely. I am not ready to die yet. I want to see my children as adults and have families of there own. To be there for them in anyway I can to help them unlike my family for me. Ihavent acted sick nor want too. I am for the most part possitive. Even while sitting in the waiting room for three hours while other people complain and get angry. I have always beena fairly calm sprited person with a more open mind andeye than most. Where Im going with this is no I dontwant it to be soonI am to wooried about how my children would grow into adults without me to show them love. I do love my husband but he isnt superdad. He was brought up not allowed to have or should I say show feelings. So dealing with the kids in many ways is very hard for him. Theother thought that came to mind was money and debt. If anything where to happen to me my family wont make it. So I dicided to cut up all the credit cards and consolidate mypersonal debt. it will be paid off in 5 years now instead of 20 like the card companies like to do. Then I know at least my husband wont be cursing me if I did pass onany time soon. Other than that I dont want to be kept alive as a veggie. Let me go!! If I cant have a real quality of life then I dont want to be a burden either. The other life altering event was losing my closet friend who was 50. it has been a year now Easter Sunday. That was before being dxd with Wg. The way you look at everything changes after someone close, really close pass. Anyway, That felt good bad or indifferent. I am a strong soul or so I have been told. I have much to do yet! And I will do it on meds if I have too!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onatreetop good for you
    just the way that i feel ive had a pretty rough trot lately and a saying we have is KEEP TAKING THE TABLETS thats because before wg i never did take any
    but like you if thats what it takes so be it
    today is the anniversary of my dads like him like him death he fought to keep going but in the end he said it was to hard and he was too tired i did not understand at the the time but now i do
    so like him im going to fight this not giving in and as you say still things that i want to do maybe at a slower pace at the moment !
    i dont take anything for granted and like you see things through different eyes
    the thought of dying does not worry me like you i would be more worried about the people i leave behind
    They all know that i love them more than anything in the world .
    maybe today was the day these thoughts needed to come out off my head ! time to move on today is another day DEEx

Doug Guest

Attachment 332 I managed not to come across this thread until today. Good grief! [CENSORED- extensive commentary] And that's how I feel. Incidentally, that's also why I am comfortable with death. I cite this: [CENSORED- reference to religious text]. Buckets of blood. Collectively, any group is capable of [CENSORED- ugliness to an unimaginable degree, with many fingers pointed, and many unlikely groups documented]. Remember, "pacifist" ends in "f-i-s-t".

When I read Jack's original thread outline, I thought, "Here's one I won't touch with the proverbial 10-foot pole." My concerns proved out. Private messaging works best for the banned topics, even when they relate to another topic all can discuss like ladies and gentlemen.

[Ian- You just have to be careful when you "go commando"! I post the following provocative image as a measure of support and family- I'm mostly Scottish, or "largely Scottish", post-Prednisone! Been in your predicament, and learned a lesson in intolerance! Or tolerance. Or intolerance posing as tolerance. ]

Attachment 331
    Attachment 333 I guarantee Louie wasn't proposing to treat with his nemesis J. Doe (the black-n-white cat). Moments later, he chased J. Doe under the tree.
    Last edited by Doug; 05-27-2010 at 12:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am also Scottish. My Great Grandfather came directly from Scottland.

9. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Doug Guest

Attachment 334
    Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I am also Scottish. My Great Grandfather came directly from Scottland.
    I'll "flag" you, too, then, Phil! Not only did both my maternal grandparents come directly from Scotland (East Kilbride and Glasgow), they came through Nova Scotia. Curiously, though they worked in the same office building in Glasgow, they didn't met, fall in love, marry, until they attended a Scottish picnic at Washington Park in Denver, Colorado, USA. Both followed family that settled in the USA to Colorado. Most of the ancesters on my father's side were Scottish, Welsh, Irish, and a few other hotheaded, opinionated peoples, so it is inevitable that I've spent a life speaking up and being shot down. Ha!

What does this have to do with death or my world view? Well, it is the origin of my [CENSORED reference of a religious affiliation] and the fact that I [CENSORED veiled referenced to tribal practices documented by none less than Julius Caesar in his commentaries on conquering what became England]. As a [CENSORED religious affliation], it goes without saying that death, to me, is [CENSORED theological twist on commentator's world view]. Oddly, this point of view doesn't match Ian's significantly, though [CENSORED historical commentary on religious trends and evolution, brought about by migration to the New World]. On this much we all can agree, [CENSORED comments regarding human behavior, especially in a context involving faith].

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doug, you are very funny and bright! Your humor in explaining things makes me smile.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast