Likes Likes:  55
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Thoughts on Dying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I certainly don't want you to die Sangye. You have benefitted so many on this site.

2. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightwarrior, thanks for listing the 5 Wishes info. I had thought to do that as well! It's a great thing to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wegs has given me a precious gift - I don't sweat the small stuff anymore, I don't get angry or disapointed and take events for what they are. I am a happy person and will die happy. quoted by Jola57.
    This is my attitude exactly. I have recently been talking about this very subject with people (my eye doctor, nurses, my surgeon etc). I have a faith that sustains me and I believe that this is why I am not afraid of the inevitable. Although, like most of you, I love life and intend to live it to the fullest. The little things that I find different with me sick that it was with me not sick is my attitude. I no longer worry about the opinions etc of others, I do what I feel is the best for whoever I am involved with (family, friends whatever) and each night when I go to bed, I know that I have done my best for the day. Maybe its the prednisone, but I am very happy right now and this is not something I experienced when I was "not sick'. So I believe in Jolas comments and I too will die happy, when they day comes. (and with a cup of jo in my hand)
    coffeelover

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this thread has helped me respect others beliefs more. I identify more with Pberggren1 and agree that this site is a gift from God. I am glad to see so many have a peace. I agree that having this illness makes me appreciate life so much more. I have alot more compassion for others as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Some strongly held views expressed there. I hope that if other members disagree they will just let it pass.
    I think this is a safe place and it is understood each persons views are opinions. Everyone gets a pass on this one. Thanks for starting this Jack.

7. Likes Peter Marsham liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ditto to all the above. This is a wonderful group! Love everyone here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read the thread with heavy heart
    But hey Im not ready for the cart

Our life experiences and enviroments have influenced our beliefs and we are who we are. Although we might agree or disagree with everyone its the diversity of this group and its globalness that make it unique and helpful.
    Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like that Col, well said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am glad for all of you. Illness, like nothing else in the worls, unites all peoples regardless of from where they are. It is one thing that is common to all faiths, creeds and nations. Dying opens up the most basic of our emotions - survival. I am glad we are here to share and be there for each other. Being so far away from each other gives us the freedom of expression like we would not have otherwise. I embrace all religions and mankind. Live and let live in peace. Of all religions that I know, Buddhism is the only one that has never been a part of violence agains others.
    Last edited by jola57; 04-03-2010 at 04:49 AM.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have just read your post on death well i must say ive heard a few things in my life but wg being a gift of grace from god takes the biscuit its well worth saying that your knowledge of god is limited as is your lack of it on the bible the god of the bible does not smite people with illness or death or any other means especially wg( JAMES 1v13) god is love not to be associated with suffering which according to your religion goes hand in hand instead of confessing to a priest why dont you confess to him who we all have an accounting with almighty jehovah himself through not a man but his son christ perhaps then he GOD will grant you is holy spirit and then after having your eyes opened you will see for yourself that god does not inflict diseases on people but rather we become diseased through imperfection due to the inherited sin of a man adam

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast