Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Your Thoughts on Dying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Your Thoughts on Dying.

I personally feel that dying is something that will always remain a paradox no matter how we look at it. I mean... we cease to exist in death and in that moment, none of our past thoughts, concerns, worries, pain, or illnesses, would even matter anymore. Ironically though, while we might be the one who has died on the outside, it would always still be the living and our loved ones that would end up dying on the inside. In that sense, everyone who has experienced loss and grieved over a loved one before - has technically already experienced death as well. Perhaps this might provide at least some sort of comfort to others, in knowing that most of us would already be well prepared when our time comes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Your Thoughts on Dying.

I was diagnosed in Feb. of this year and when I found out I would have been on my death bed 50 years ago, I was shocked. I am so glad to be alive! I am very thankful that I have doctors that figured it out so quickly, I've responded well to the meds, and that I have good insurance. I am afraid of pain more than dying. But if I pass, I worry about what will happen emotionally to my 25 year old son who is on the autism spectrum. Financially he will be okay but I worry about him coping emotionally. I try to tell myself that my family will figure it out. I think of death as falling through a curtain, into another dimension. In addition to seeing all the people I've loved that have gone before me, I sure hope that I see all the beloved pets that I've had over my lifetime. Meanwhile, I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row- updating the trust, will, powers of attorney, organized our accounts, etc. And try to laugh and do things I love each day.

3. Likes drz, me2, Dirty Don, Masha, chrisTIn@ liked this post
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516