Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Thoughts on Dying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    My case has been very complicated and has threatened my life many times. Yes, we are blessed to have a diagnosis finally but Wegs is still a disease you cannot turn your back on and just forget about. It requires research and diligence.
    I agree with phil, Wegeners can be life threatning. So its ok to be scarred. As long as we don't give up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Widthofacircle View Post
    Folks. Please get things into perspective. While WG is a horrible affliction it is nowadays not life threatning, nor is it as bad as cancer, leukemia, heart disease and so on. We are very lucky should we be diagnosed in time and correct treatment is very successful so let,s not depress each other
    This disease may not be life threatning to you now but let me tell you it can be. When I was placed into a comma my family was told to say their goodbyes to me because they really did not think I was going to make it. So I am glad that you have not felt a close to death experience but I do find it very important to be prepared for it. I am not scared for death but I fear for my children (3 & 6) and how they will deal with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Folks. Please get things into perspective. While WG is a horrible affliction it is nowadays not life threatning, nor is it as bad as cancer, leukemia, heart disease and so on. We are very lucky should we be diagnosed in time and correct treatment is very successful so let,s not depress each other
    Actually, this disease can be, and often is, "life threatening". At the very least, it is a life-changer in many ways. We have all seen the noose and we know the hangman by first name, even if our time has not yet come. This, I think, is why we tend toward gallows humor. The humor we need on a daily basis, even if we would prefer putting off the hanging for a while. In this regard, I think our thoughts on life, and its endpoint, are appropriate on this forum and should be welcomed.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delorisdoe View Post
    I dont find this post depressing at all. Dying scares me and reading the thoughts of others about dying helps me. Also, like cancer every case is different. Also, the title of this thread hides nothing and it is very clear what this post is about so if it is offensive or too depressing than I would think you would simply not open it.
    What about the milk?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

5. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    What about the milk?
    You can have some mllk
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too almost died from it as have a number of others here. Several members have died either from the WEGS or from damage it caused or side effects of the treatment. I view it as life threatening and expect that someday i might well die from an infection caused by my poor immune system or a complication of WEGS such as loss of kidneys or other major organ.

Many people with cancer can be cured and many people with heart issues can get problems corrected by a pace maker or other means, but the damage to my body from WEGS is mostly irreversible at this point. True some people with mild cases can attain a long term remission and live a relatively normal life again and with early treatment most flares can be managed successfully, but the risk of relapse or big flare never goes away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I am sad, one of our nurses who was a seasonal and worked in our ICU from Jan to May every year for the last 15 and was a good friend to almost all of us was found murdered in her car on Saturday in Riverside. I really thought I would be the first one to depart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    Today I am sad, one of our nurses who was a seasonal and worked in our ICU from Jan to May every year for the last 15 and was a good friend to almost all of us was found murdered in her car on Saturday in Riverside. I really thought I would be the first one to depart.
    This is horrible and heartbreaking. To be sure, all life is a crap shoot of sorts: We pays our money, we takes our chances. And sometimes the odds come out against us. I look at it like Let's Make a Deal: We need all those doors to open; yet, we know from the beginning that behind one of those doors, we lose. In the meantime, we play the game, and may as well have some fun playing, because in any case we are not allowed to quit the game. Still, this is a terrible way to go, and not only for the victim, but also the victim's friends and loved ones. My heart goes out to you.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    What a waste. Like Al my heart goes out to you.

You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so sorry to hear that light warrior.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast