Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Those with Sinus involment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cindy:

How long have you been on ctx this round?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEE View Post
    i make wash with bicarbonate soda -sait and sugar have been doing since orignal nose surgery but try to limit to morning and night DEEx
    Dee, why do you use sugar?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, I was going to ask the same thing DEE. How are your sinuses right now? Do you use non-iodized salt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sinuses slightly better not so much crusting although still on occasion get larger chunks washed out i have used bicarb - salt and sugar combination since i was in hospital with first flare
    ENT consult gave instructions sheet and has always said important morn and last thing at night
    maybe i should not take things as gospel and ask more questions about things
    as i may have said before i see him on fri pm about sorting perforasion out will ask him why sugar then
    a question i was going to ask is when sinues are bad does it affect your hearing as mine always feel as if full and hubby keeps tellling me about having tv up and hes deaf in both ears !!and wears hearing aids
    DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dee, yes when my sinuses are bad my hearing is bad and feels full. That is when I had to increase my predniosne from 5 mg to 10 mg. It made a huge difference. I rinse my nose twice a day, and somedays a little tiny blood. Now I am on 9mg prednisone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, Dee, WG can affect your ears separately from that, so you should get a baseline hearing test at some point. I had one in March and it found that I had a bit of congestion in one ear (which I could feel), that is likely related to WG. Not particularly bothersome, but now that there is an objective measure they can look at it every year to see whether or not it has gotten worse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks everyone will mention to ENT consult on fri i will put on list of things to ask
    it makes for interesting conversations between us both when i cant hear too DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Dee, yes when my sinuses are bad my hearing is bad and feels full. That is when I had to increase my predniosne from 5 mg to 10 mg. It made a huge difference. I rinse my nose twice a day, and somedays a little tiny blood. Now I am on 9mg prednisone.
    I too rinse twice a day and am on 10 mg of pred. the rinsing helps and if I miss I have problems. Just another thing to do in my day.
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My docs office just called me and said I have a sinus infection and would call down a prescription to the pharmacy. I went to pick it up and it was not covered, $70. The pharmacist said she would call my doc and see if anything else could be used that would be covered or less expensive and would call be back when she got an answer.

I had an x-ray on friday and it showed sinus infection. I also gave a sputum sample yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, did they determine you have an infection by the culture? Unless it's a raging infection, it's not likely to have grown anything yet. Since Wegs and infection look identical on x-ray, you might want to have culture confirmation of the infection before taking any antibiotic.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast