Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Those with Sinus involment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To those of you who use a neti pot, do you notice a difference between that and just the saline rinse? Right now I rinse 4 times a day with saline, and then use Flonase twice a day. My sinuses are swollen, painful with blood clots and crusting (where else on earth but here could you say that and NOT feel gross?). I have seen neti pots used on television and wondered about them? Any advice?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could not get enough flush with a neti pot and always used a 50ml syringe to flush around 1/2 pt of saline through my nose (up one side and down the other once clear). Within a few weeks of starting treatment for Wegs, most of my sinus / nose problems faded away. I just have a bit of a runny nose these days with the occasional slight bleed.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Jack... I wonder if I flushed it with the syringe like you said, the neti pot would be sufficient once I cleared out? I've never done the 'up one side and down the other'... is it uncomfortable?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do exactly what Jack does ," I use the bottle and use half on each nostril. Using those nasal sprays did no good for me, they increase dryness which caused more bleeding ...that was my case.
    So Jack is the runny nose and little blood new or has this been going on forever?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use a Waterpik and a NielMed Squez Bottle to irrigate or wash out my nasal passages. I find the Waterpik the best because you can adjust the flow and it is gentle and pulsating. If anyone wants more info on nose stuff like irrigation and care of nose just let me know.

This honey stuff sounds interesting. Maybe I have started a honey revolution? Look out honey bees!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My nose used to be a horrific mess and I underwent some fairly major surgery in the days before I was diagnosed (all unnecessary! ). This slowly cleared in the weeks after I started treatment for Wegs, but this was in the early days when treatment was very aggressive and needed to be because I was in poor shape. Since that time, I've had a runny nose similar to a mild cold and have to blow it a few times a day. Very occasionally this will result in a little bleeding that stops within seconds.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Jack I needed that input. Mabey I'm not flaring after all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elephant, you're not allowed to flare.

I use a neti pot twice a day, even though I don't have sinus involvement. I have mild (VERY mild compared to you guys) occasional nose stuff and Dr Seo said using the neti twice every day would help. Smart guy, it does. We've had several weeks of air quality alerts here and it helps keep that stuff from sitting in there. I wasn't able to use it the past few weeks because of the vertigo and my nose told me all about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sangye, I agree ....no flare for me. That bactrim is keeping me up at night, it always cause me insomnia when I take two pills a day. I the bactrim is working, I feel less congested and less sinus stuff. The problem is once I get of Bactrim( taking it twice a day) and go back to my usual ( every other day) I started to get more sinus crap! So frustrating!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive dropped preds and nose starting to play up again sinus painfull again going to give a few more days to see if things sort out nothings simple but trying to stay positive DEEx

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast