Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Back from MAYO

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's impossible for me to tell, Brooke. I'm extremely sensitized to pred. Each 1mg acts like 10mg in me, so the hit of 100mg solumedrol (equiv 150mg oral pred) at each infusion is like pulse steroids to me. (Pulse steroids= 1,000mg solumedrol= 1,250mg oral pred= the highest dose of pred they can give)

As far as I know 100mg solumedrol is the standard dose when getting rtx infusions.

The infusion nurses did tell me most of the other patients (Weggies and non-Weggies) getting rtx are wiped out like me. I see my Wegs doc this Wednesday and plan to ask him about this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you feel wiped out the whole month? Like flu symptoms? Are you able to function or do anything? Should I plan on being able to work and take care of my 3 year old? How long before you start to feeling better?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have flu symptoms, but extreme weakness and fatigue. (Other symptoms, too, but I can live with them easier.)

I don't think you should put too much stock in my experience, Brooke. You may have a much easier time since you're not in bad shape to begin with. Like all things Weggie, it's best to play it by ear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sangye!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123