I've been playing ring around the rosie with my Doc friends, finally went to my Rheumy yesterday who recognized immiediatly that I am flairing and took contact information to contact Dr. Langford. He got me in last night for 1st infusion of 1000 mg IV Pred, have another one today and one tommorrow. I am already responding to treatment. Could shower without having to stop midway to sit down and breathe. Could sit up straight for entire morning conference (30 to 45 minutes) withought having to lean back for chair support. Can touch kidneys withought crying. He is taking over as the driver, I think my pulmo and nephro will be relieved to be only consults. I feel hopeful, not happy that I had first flair during high dose po pred and 250 mg cytoxan a day, but happy to be responding to pulse steroids. My collegues have sequestered me to my office, I know it is to protect me, but may be a self-defense mechanism on their part also they're a little scared of me on that high dose since they have been part of my po ride and they curse the coffee shop if they sell me anything with caffeine on a normal day. (LOL).

I know, I know, that I should have done this a long time ago and I may have made things worse. Nurses are stubborn, I'm stubborn but vow to not be so stubborn and stupid.