Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: New Flair

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Col-- I think the end of April is too far off if you're having chest and eye pain. They need to rule out Wegs lung involvement and also blood clot in the lungs. Weggies are 23% more likely to develop clots. Good idea to call your doc today and ask what to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Sangye Col 23.

What is anisocytosis and neutrophilia?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its anemia no B12. Still working this one out. Anyone else know much about this? I will call docs tomorrow. Thanks I forgot about blood clots in lungs, I was iniatially diagnosed with lung, eye, breast, RA involvement.
    Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Col 23 View Post
    Hi Lightwarrior and everyone
    Sorry you have been going through so much Lightwarrior. Im glad your home at least and not trying to work through all this. Keep us updated on how you are doing.
    Thanks for all the info posted on here. I have a CT Scan, bone density and bloods again at the end of April. Just wondering if you think Im having a flare at the moment. I have left eye that is feeling like someone punched me in the eye and then it goes to mild irritation. I have steriod drops for that and I upped them from 3-4 times aday. I have also woken up early in the morning with pain in left chest region. Doesnt appear to be heart. I have had it twice today around the breast area. Lumps appear to be back in breast area again. All my appointments are scheduled for the end of April. I have just survived 1week on tapered pred from 30 to 25mg. Also oral methotrexate 25mg continues. I also have marked anisocytosis and Mild neutrophilia. I think that means anemia. Any thoughts.
    cheers Col 23

Anisocytos means your red blood cells are not the same size and mild neutrophilia means an excess in neutrophi granulocytes. Yes it most likely indicates a mild anemia. I am worried about your chest pain, are you having difficulty breathing? I am still a baby when it comes to Wegeners but it certainly sounds reasonable that you are having a flair. Don't wait till the end of April to be seen, I wonder if you have really done okay with the taper?? I'll be interested to hear what Jack, Sangye and elephant have to say. Hope you feel better

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the response and the info. Feeling alot better no pain in chest today. Mild ache around the chest area and back. Eye still aches. More fatigued however okay. Decided to just monitor it for a few more days. I really want to stay on the 25mg of Steriods and try to reduce so Im hoping this is just a mild hic cup. Does everyone else get a lot of bruising?
    A big hug to all you guys who are also goiing through so much wish I had a magic wand sometimes.

cheers Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Col 23 View Post
    Does everyone else get a lot of bruising?
    Funny, I was going to ask that same question - thought of it last night. I bruise easily, but the "stain" of the bruise becomes permanent. I've had one on my leg for 2 years, 1 year on upper arm, and another doozy on my right arm from a blown IV - probably will never go away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's part of vasculitis. Wegs affects small and medium-sized blood vessels, so capillaries are on the list. I've been on blood thinners since dx, so I bruise easily from that too. I don't know why a bruise would become permanent--good question for a Wegs doc.

Col-- glad you're feeling better. Which side of your chest is hurting? Right side could be gallbladder. Stay on top of your symptoms and don't let things get close to the weekend before calling your doc. I've learned that the hard way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Lola
    I think it must be to do with medications as I have this weird bruising on my uppper back and keep getting bruising on different parts of my body and I cant remember having knocked myself. I asked the docs about the bruising on my back and they indicated that I might have been out in the sun. I told them no and they think it was some sort of dry skin. Didnt sound right to me as I dont expose the back to sun. I know that I am sun sensitive whilst on the Methotrexate and try to cover up as much as possible. Im starting to worry about skin cancers now.
    cheers Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info. Hope your getting plenty of rest LW.
    cheers Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sangye
    Hope your feeling better.
    Left side chest and right eye. Just aches now havent woken up again with pain.
    Thought Id ask you a chiropractor question. I also have degenerative change in my L 5/S1narrowing of the neural exit foramina and degenerative disease of the facets. Remaining levels less marked. This has resulted on crippling leg pain at times and am also unable to do tasks without sitting down. I am also forced to sit down at shopping centres due to the intense pain in my back and legs. Swimming has helped this recently.
    Any thoughts. cheers Col 2e3

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast