User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: This is a thread for those who have not posted recently and want to update

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoo hoo, I'm on my third day of going from 45 to 40 of Pred, I have to restart Ctyoxan tomorrow at 200 instead of 250, makes me a bit nervous. Rheumy says I'm still active and we have to back it off, I have to see him every week and he is calling me when he doesn't like my labs. He is making me take one more week off so I'm tryng to rest my body as my spirit is anxious to get back to work. He has started me on bactroban ointment for my nares.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope it goes well for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope it goes well with you too Lightwarrior. I have been told about the Bactroban ointment to keep infection away too. It was prescribed to me when I had my Video assisted thoracic surgery last year. I had to gargle this strong stuff to decrease bacteria and bactoban in my nose. LIghtwarrior hope your feeling better being on less prednisone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone. I wanted to post an update on my health because unfortunately, after feeling fine for months, I think I'm experiencing a flare up. I have had a headache for days, I'm having sinus problems, some chest pain and just a blah feeling and no energy. I've been off Prednisone since last year, I'm just taking 150mg of Imuran and I've been fine up until now.
    I'm going to see my Doctor on Friday, they found something so I'm anxious and nervous about that. I figure it's back to Prednisone but whatever makes this go away for a while.
    My life has been pretty different. My Dad passed away in November of last year. He had prostate cancer and the Doctor was pretty confident that my Dad would be okay but it got worse really fast. It spread into his blood and bones and he was so much pain. But my family was there with him when he died and as hard as it was I'm glad I was there. But i'm finding it hard to get to blood tests and Doctor's appointments because I have social anxiety and can't get around myself and my brother doesn't always want to drive me around even though it's important. A friend of the family is taking me to my appointment on Friday but he has his own health problems and I feel bad calling him to drive me around even though he doesn't seem to mind. So things have been hard, I've been kind of sad lately.
    Hope you're all doing good.
    -Fallgirl

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear about your Dad FallGirl. \now is the time to take care of yourself. I hope this flare is just temporary and you get back on track soon.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so very sorry, FallGirl for your loss. You have been under a tremendous amount of stress - the very worst kind. I, too, hope this is just a temporary flare. Do know that even those of us who don't post very often are thinking of you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear that Fallgirl. LIke Lola stated you have been under alot of stress, hopefully this is a minor flare. Mabey they need to switch the medicines a bit. Keep your chin up and sorry your feeling sad. Keep us updated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FallGirl, I'm so sad to hear about your dad. I can't imagine how difficult that must be, along with facing a flare. Please take care of yourself and keep us posted on how things are going. We care about you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. That stress alone is alot to deal with, without the flareup of WG. I hope everything goes well on friday. Let us know how you are doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Fallgirl
    Hope your feeling a little better, it is frustrating when you feel dependent on other people and sometimes its difficult for family and friends to totally get this disease.
    It takes a while to work through grief. I hope you dont mind but a few suggestions that may or may not work for you when you feel sad about your dad, if it helps just talk out loud to him. Look at old photos and talk about him to other family members. Its okay to feel sad but you may want to talk to your doctor about your feelings if your getting really low. Also medication can make you feel really depressed at times. I wish you the best and I hope all goes well at the docs.
    cheers Col 23

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast