User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Breaking free of the cotton candy web of denial...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am walking proof of that. Just frustrated with the current roundness of myself. I put a swimsuit on to go in the pool at a hotel we went to for one night to get thekids out of the house and I almost couldnt squeeze into my fat suit!! Once I got in the water i didn't care but holy whale of a mom!!!! Scared myself. It was almost as bad as trying on jeans. The kids had fun thats all that matters. The fruit loops were just as I remember.........sweet, crunchy and very tasty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the few things about living in Maryland that's made it easier than Arizona is that the majority of the population here is hugely overweight. Northern Arizona has overweight people of course (it's still America, after all), but fitness and outdoor activities are very popular there. The majority of people are in good shape.

When I go to the pool here I'm not very self-conscious because I'm surrounded by people who are my size or bigger. I don't stick out like I would in AZ at this weight. (Which is so big that if I put the number here it would cause all your computer screens to tip to one side.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pred weight does go away. 36 days off and have dropped 17 pounds and a pair of suspenders. 4" gone from my waist.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, Dale! I'm glad you could drop the weight like that-- it must feel incredible.

I was off pred for 2.5 years and could only drop 10 lbs. I couldn't change the shape of my body back, either. Being back on pred, those 10 lbs came back and brought their friends. I've also been completely unable to exercise for several years so obviously that made a big difference.

My endocrinologist said it's extremely hard to get pred weight off for most people and the pred shape is usually permanent even if you do (ie rounded shoulders, thicker neck, upper body and abdominal fat distribution). I wasn't shaped like this at all before pred. Even if I'd gained the same amount of weight I would have looked completely different.

But as we know all too well, everyone is so different. I'm always glad to see someone out of the pred weight pile, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know...I attend a weight wtcher meeting weekly, weigh and and lose one pd, then the following week gaine one..ahhhh its a losing battle, but I am choosing to do this as it keeps my diet in check. Besides that I do a very limited weight lifting 20 minute exercise 3 days a week and a cardio of some sort (usually a walk with my dogs) 3 days a week. i rarely lose and do gain...but if I didnt do this...I could be much, much heavier. So I continue this losing battle. (no pun intended)
    coffeelover (skinny lattes)

In a beautiful, quiet trailerpark, surburban Vancouver, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. Somewhere along the way I got tired of trying to keep my weight down, threw the scale out and started adding a little. Not much, I had how to diet in my head. Over the years I became bigger, but my mood and selfesteem raised like a coffeebread dough. No more feeling hopeless, no more always hoping that I lost some grams. All traded for laughter and joy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moyan View Post
    my mood and selfesteem raised like a coffeebread dough. No more feeling hopeless, no more always hoping that I lost some grams. All traded for laughter and joy.
    LOL-- Moyan, you sure are a delight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moyan, I love your attitude! You go girl!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456